Utilizing Fa Jing

OP
T

Taiji fan

I have a thing for neck breaks, joint breaks, and things that go beyond merely effective and into punishingly painful seemingly for enjoyment-of-inflicting-pain's sake. What can I say? I'm weird.
:rofl: you and me both then

CMyers0323

Blue Belt
Reaction score
In some of the forms that I have learned in my studies I have found that fa jing striking is predominant. My first exposure to fa jing, was when I was learning snake pakua, from the animal pakua forms. Almost every snake pakua strike had an exaggerated coiling motion. This was very difficult for me to get used to (especially with kicking). I have long been a subscriber to turning my body into a strike, but to go through an almost circular motion with every strike seemed to burden me down. One night after practicing the fa jing striking in my brothers swimming pool (where I could be more mindful of what exactly my body was doing) I seemed to finally "get it," the snap and power from my blows was tremendous. The downside of this is that practicing fa jing strikes without a surface to impact on can seriously overstress ones joints. I am know working on trying to incorporate fa jing power into all my strikes by internalizing the coiling motions. I have had some success, but am still working on trying to make it second nature. What kind of fa jing / coiling power experiences have you people had? I am very interested in finding out other power developing techniques.
I have a pretty detailed book on fa jing (probbaly more than one but this one comes to mind) but I'm always wanting to learn more. Ive done some Xing Yi fa jing and had a lesson where we generate the jing and push off a wall. Essentially your not hurting anyone and can do this over and over without much worry besides getting tired I guess haha. I am interested in this coiling of both your hands and legs especially. Would you be able to provide more info or anything?