Used Mats or a Good Deal

M

matthewgreenland

Hey -

I am trying to get a couple of training mats at a good price. Does anyone know of any good deals on used or new mats. I checked out the Swain catalogue, and it was very expensive. Funds are limited. In other words, I only teach part-time - but would like purchase mats for training with a few people.

OR - Does anyone have any to sell ?

I was possibly thinking the infamous "Jig-saw" mat from Century. I read on the forum that they are OK -

I would really like to get some used Swain mats or some other mats before looking into the JIGSAW Mat.

Thank you all in advance for the input.

Matt (This thread is not a pun on my name, by the way.LOL)

Kempojujutsu

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
You might check any gymnastic schools and or YMCA's in your area. That's how I got mine. A friend who owns a tumbling school knew the guy from the YMCA, and I got 8 or 9 Nissian mats. The mats are 20' x 6' for $100. This is probably one of the best deals I have found.
Bob :asian:

OP
S

Sandor

Look in the local sale rags like bargain trader or pennysaver. I see them in there frequently. Other ideas would be a used sporting goods store.

One suggestion would also be to find the owners of schools that have closed. Sometimes they are happy to make a few bucks or get thiers wife off thier backs and get rid of them for free...

Peace,
Sandor

Latest Discussions