UFC Institute Training Center HQ in Las Vegas

FighterTwister

Blue Belt
Reaction score

New 12 Million Purpose Built UFC Institute Training Center HQ in Las Vegas is amazing........

szgAk3q.jpg

99rncIu.jpg

Watch these video workarounds of the new UFC Institute..........

Read more here:-

Fully decked out with the latest sports technology to measure performance and bench-marking analysis labs and allot more..........

s6K8O9Q.jpg

7L4dPhu.jpg

I would love to visit this place and train getting all that feedback from the various types of labs where they setup and connect you to a PC video capture motion system and assist you in correcting any bad form or areas needing more work so on.

What are your thoughts, feedback, concerns etc....

Last edited:

MA_Student

Black Belt
Reaction score
Meh...they should spend that money on actually paying the fighters decent money instead of some posh gym that only a couple of fighters will ever use

OP
FighterTwister

FighterTwister

Blue Belt
Reaction score
Meh...they should spend that money on actually paying the fighters decent money instead of some posh gym that only a couple of fighters will ever use

I think thats what the Fertitta Brothers and Dana White are looking to achieve to improve the overall image of the UFC and cross over to boxing as well.

The UFC Institute shown above is open to all sport organizations as I have read and understood, so its big business that will eventually trickle down to pay fighters a larger slice of their prize fights.

Another link - UFC opens new $12-million performance institute in Las Vegas for fighters

So will wait and see................

hoshin1600

Senior Master
Reaction score
.they should spend that money on actually paying the fighters decent money
i cant argue that fighters could make more money.

only a couple of fighters will ever use
i think this facility will be a cash cow. people from all over the world MAY want to go there and spend a lot of money to have the bragging rights. there are a lot of wanna be's that will go and the top fighters will go if they perceive that there is an edge to be had. there is a reason the promo has Conner as the poster boy for the facility.

EDIT:
"There will be no usage fees for the fighters," so says an article.
so where does the profit come from?

Last edited:

jobo

Grandmaster
Reaction score
yes, its impressive, but its failure to deliver CM in better shape than his old school training opponent had taken the shine off.

MA_Student

Black Belt
Reaction score
I think thats what the Fertitta Brothers and Dana White are looking to achieve to improve the overall image of the UFC and cross over to boxing as well.

The UFC Institute shown above is open to all sport organizations as I have read and understood, so its big business that will eventually trickle down to pay fighters a larger slice of their prize fights.

Another link - UFC opens new $12-million performance institute in Las Vegas for fighters

So will wait and see................
Firstly the fertitas have nothing to do with the ufc anymore second they should be more concerned about their own fighters leaving to fight in other organisations because the pay is garbage instead of building some silly facility that basically means nothing because frankly all this fancy equipment doesn't make you any better than any old school equipment

Buka

Sr. Grandmaster
Staff member
MT Mentor
Reaction score
I'd love to spend a few days inside there. I'll bet it's fascinating.

CB Jones

Senior Master
Reaction score
Firstly the fertitas have nothing to do with the ufc anymore second they should be more concerned about their own fighters leaving to fight in other organisations because the pay is garbage instead of building some silly facility that basically means nothing because frankly all this fancy equipment doesn't make you any better than any old school equipment

Willingly to bet the center helped entice IMG to buy the UFC and will let IMG use it for everything within its umbrella.

Maybe could use it to entice corporate sponsors as well.

Gerry Seymour

MT Moderator
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'd guess some fighters would find benefit from the scientific equipment, the measurements. Some people's minds work that way. It's like some students can't do a technique well until they understand the principle, while others can simply follow the steps and make it work until they gain that understanding.

As for me, I'd probably gain little in fighting ability, but would find the whole damned thing fascinating. I'd love to follow the coaches and staff around and learn why they chose specific measurements and equipment.

OP
FighterTwister

FighterTwister

Blue Belt
Reaction score
I had a tour of this awhile ago and it was awesome!

I agree it is impressive, I mean for 12 million, it better be or else its all smoke and mirrors LoL

It has a full size octagon and cameras tracking every angle for feedback analysis on touch screens and heaps more, just look at the media room in this video.......

It is state of the art and a luxury service.

Will every fighter want to enjoy and take benefit of the service no I don't think so because of attitudes but those that take part will learn allot more about physiology, psychology, sports science and tracking your personal development and recovery so on.

It will be those fighters who will push on learn and succeed leaving others behind as the institute grows and learns through time and experience logging hours with camps and fighters a group mentality of learning.

Last edited:

Gerry Seymour

MT Moderator
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I agree it is impressive, I mean for 12 million, it better be or else its all smoke and mirrors LoL

It has a full size octagon and cameras tracking every angle for feedback analysis on touch screens and heaps more, just look at the media room in this video.......

It is state of the art and a luxury service.

Will every fighter want to enjoy and take benefit of the service no I don't think so because of attitudes but those that take part will learn allot more about physiology, psychology, sports science and tracking your personal development and recovery so on.

It will be those fighters who will push on learn and succeed leaving others behind as the institute grows and learns through time and experience logging hours with camps and fighters a group mentality of learning.
I wouldn't expect attendance at this facility (or lack thereof) to be a determining factor in whether someone becomes an elite fighter.

OP
FighterTwister

FighterTwister

Blue Belt
Reaction score
I wouldn't expect attendance at this facility (or lack thereof) to be a determining factor in whether someone becomes an elite fighter.

Well I'm going to bet that it will be part of a renewed contract agreement with all UFC fighters that they will have to be assessed and meet physical conditions and standards by the UFC Sport Science staff and record that data into their personal profiles at set interval check ups or something along those lines.

Kinda like visiting the local doctor for checkups so to speak.

I'm sure they will be able to train in their own camps and respective countries but will have to meet standards outlined by the UFC and come into the facility at set intervals for those check ups and performance evaluations as well as training and personal development.

I have read in past they want to take things to the next level and make changes that will improve on the UFC sport and public image, considering its recent and past with poor history of steroids, drugs and behavioral issues etc

I guess now if fighters want more money they will have to prove their worth.

I don't think they spent 12 million just so they can lease it out to other sports or have over 30 qualified sport staff just walking around showing media the facilities.

So change is coming, no doubt! ;)

I'm keen to hear more over the next few years and see what happens as an entire concept to UFC evolving from a raw to a professional sport like Boxing improving on standards, performance and evaluations.

Last edited:

Buka

Sr. Grandmaster
Staff member
MT Mentor
Reaction score

I couldn't agree more. That's spot on....but, if you're already a dedicated Martial Artist, a crazed Dojo rat, and actually had someone who held your hand and taught you how to take full advantage of that facility - oh, man, we're talking Christmas here.

Gerry Seymour

MT Moderator
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I couldn't agree more. That's spot on....but, if you're already a dedicated Martial Artist, a crazed Dojo rat, and actually had someone who held your hand and taught you how to take full advantage of that facility - oh, man, we're talking Christmas here.
Agreed. Among the most dedicated, the differences are by degree, and this would be both fun and likely useful.

OP
FighterTwister

FighterTwister

Blue Belt
Reaction score
UFC DANA WHITE said:
Reports last week that Beverly Hills mega-talent agency WME/IMG has raised $1.1 billion from two international investors to buy out some of its UFC minority partners stirred some speculation that UFC President Dana White might be leaving the company.

“I’m not going anywhere, brother,” White told the Los Angeles Times. “Not only am I not going anywhere, I’m actually making moves in the office and doing [stuff] and changing things for the way I really want it.”

“I’m burrowing myself in like a … tick.”

In a news release Wednesday, WME/IMG announced Canada Pension Plan Investment Board and the Government of Singapore Investment Fund will join WME/IMG primary stakeholder Silver Lake Partners as strategic partners.

In a letter to its shareholders, Silver Lake Partners reported WME/IMG, headed by Ari Emanuel and Patrick Whitesell, who bought the UFC in July 2016 for $4 billion, will use the $1.1 billion to buy out some minority partners. The transaction is set to close this month.

A person familiar with the plans but unauthorized to speak publicly on the matter said those being bought out included banks, investors in the United Arab Emirates, former owners Frank and Lorenzo Fertitta and White himself. Not all will be bought out fully, the official said, but the investment money will allow WME/IMG to expand to a majority 51% ownership stake in the UFC.

“The money Ari’s raising shows the commitment that Ari has to the UFC, and how much he loves this thing,” said the official.

Emanuel entered the UFC business originally by helping former UFC Chairman Lorenzo Fertitta land a television network deal with Fox.

WME/IMG will make additional acquisitions, according to another person familiar with the deal who was unauthorized to comment publicly.

Under WME/IMG ownership, the UFC entered into a first-ever cross-promotion with another company by agreeing to let Showtime televise the unique Aug. 26 pay-per-view boxing match between UFC lightweight champion Conor McGregor and unbeaten boxer Floyd Mayweather Jr.

Current light-heavyweight champion Jon Jones has been among those contending Emanuel is now the true “boss” of the UFC, a swipe at White’s healthy pride in a relationship that has been watched closely since White pocketed $400 million from last year’s sale and could conceivably leave at any time for another pursuit.

“Ari and I are partners. We’re getting involved in more [stuff]. We’re not going to spend a lot of money and not change things,” White told The Times while speaking from the UFC’s newly opened performance institute headquarters in Las Vegas. “I’m making a lot of changes in this new building for things I want changed.”

Link:- Dana White on UFC ownership's looming buyouts: 'I'm not going anywhere'

So going by that article rumors of great things and lots of change taking place, just like I have been saying.

Its exciting so will see what happens?

Trying to get more info is hard but its also to early as all this is taking place now due to first the newly purpose built UFC Performance Institute and the Conor McGregor vs Floyd Mayweather prize fight as a marketing pitch for change and new ideas to grow the UFC into a new direction and main attraction.

I recall Conor even saying that he might bring in a new type of fighting ring and fight events.

I can't find the YouTube where he makes that statement but here is a link to some comments for whats to come into UFC.......... Conor McGregor discusses the options for his fighting future | BJPenn.com

Also take into consideration Conor's business in fight promotions - McGregor starts promotional company to pave way for Mayweather fight

So will see what comes out of that brilliant proposal expressed to public in one of his fight conferences.

I found this as well............

Link:- The UFC Performance Institute Is a Break From MMA's Caveman Past

If you guys find anything new worthy to share please post it here.

Last edited:

EddieCyrax

Blue Belt
Reaction score
I have done a fair amount of commercial development in my day job. $12 Million sounds like a lot of money, but i would bet 99% of that went into the bricks and mortar. Not saying it is not impressive on the inside as the videos show..... but that number makes me "yawn"..... that is not as impressive as you might think.

EddieCyrax

Blue Belt
Reaction score
after watching the video a little closer.... it is a glorified open warehouse gym.... not saying the instruction and methods are not top tier.... just the facility is meh IMHO

OP
FighterTwister

FighterTwister

Blue Belt
Reaction score
I have done a fair amount of commercial development in my day job. $12 Million sounds like a lot of money, but i would bet 99% of that went into the bricks and mortar. Not saying it is not impressive on the inside as the videos show..... but that number makes me "yawn"..... that is not as impressive as you might think.

after watching the video a little closer.... it is a glorified open warehouse gym.... not saying the instruction and methods are not top tier.... just the facility is meh IMHO

You gota be kidding me M8 LoL

Its more than a GYM and I have visited some top notch gyms myself the UFC spent 12 million on a "Performance Institute"!

UFC Performance Institute has:-

• 30 thousand square foot indoor/outdoor facility
  • Industrial kitchen and nutritional staff
  • Media Rooms with latest technology and motorised screens and sound equipment
  • Camera man booths and translation booths with access view to main pro octagon for reviewing
  • Conference Rooms for Personal Development and new Bluetooth plug in technology (Theoretical and Physical Analysis)
  • Fully integrated network system and equipment touch panel wall mounts for access
  • The latest aqua hydro pools hot and cold plunge
  • Under water treadmill pool
  • Sauna's
  • Spa's
  • Steam rooms
  • Separate floor areas for MMA, Boxing, Fitness etc
  • Fitness training areas with all the various equipment
  • Full main size event octagon to code
  • Full size Boxing ring to code
  • Floor mat area for ground work BJJ etc
  • Full overhead camera view and angles over the Octagon and rings view of fight for analysis and performance tracking
  • Full camera software video capture on touch screens for analysis and control area functionality
  • Multiple sparring rings not just one but quite a few
  • Fitness rooms
  • Board and meeting rooms
  • Relaxation lounges and sleep and massage pods
  • Power Cube hitting machine and analysis
  • Reviewing analysis suites with embedded network technologies
  • Recovery, rehabilitation and minor surgery care labs
  • Bio testing machines worth millions and other equipment
  • X-Ray machines
  • Cryo and Anabolic therapy analysis machines
  • Laser light therapy anlaysis machines
  • Weight lifting area with video camera analysis capabilities
  • Strength and conditioning area
  • Hypoxic altitude and rehabilitation training chambers
  • Lab rooms for motion capturing gear
  • Professional lighting, video and sound equipment
  • Outdoor fitness training areas
  • Sprint tracks areas indoor and outdoors
  • New technology laser therapy chambers for reducing inflammation and other benefits
  • Fully air conditioned and heated with proper ventilated overhead large size ceiling fans
  • Over 30 fully qualified staff with credentials in Sports Science etc also form the olympic committee
  • Dedicated personal instructors ensuring you reach peak performance managing each fighter
  • Private locker rooms and showers
  • All UFC fighters under contract have access "Free of Charge"
  • So much more is on offer and will be added over time no doubt its a complete 360 fighter analysis and performance training institute that is forward thinking and ever learning.

Basically the treatment and care factor you get at the UFC Institute over the life of a fighters career is second to none 110% the rest is up to the fighters to perform and execute their training, all this is new and latest technology being 2016-2017 completion of the project.

So you think you can compare all this being the latest technology as a complete sports performance institute on offer anywhere else, okay. :banghead: LoL

Imho - its very impressive can only wish the best for the fighters and UFC in general and I can't wait to hear more. ;)

Last edited:

Latest Discussions