UFC 66 Predictions

MJS

Administrator
Staff member
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
Here is the line up for the upcoming UFC 66, Dec. 30th. Any thoughts on the fighters?

Mike

terryl965

<center><font size="2"><B>Martial Talk Ultimate<BR
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Chuck over Ortiz

Griffin over Jardine

Arloski
Leben
Bisbing differently

Should be some great fights

7starmantis

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I agree, the griffin/jardine fight should be a good one though, hopefully

mrhnau

Senior Master
Reaction score
I agree, the griffin/jardine fight should be a good one though, hopefully

yeah... I hate I'm going to miss it. I'll have to wait for it to get on regular TV :) can't see paying for it...

7starmantis

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Too bad you live so far away, I allways try to get alot of people together to watch them, can't spend $40 for it myself, but $2 or $3 a person is just right! :)

7sm

Ken Pfrenger

Green Belt
Reaction score
Okami
Chuck
Arlovski

Both Leben and Bisping could have their work cut out for them on this card. Solid opponents from latest showings at least.

Not sure about the rest of the card.

rutherford

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
So you guys think Okami's gonna knock out his 2nd TUF winner? I'm surprised the fight isn't going to be aired. You'd think it would be part of Rory Singer's contract that his fights would be on TV.

Ken Pfrenger

Green Belt
Reaction score
Oops missed Griffin and Jardine pick...Griffin.

Yes I do believe Okami is gonna rip right through Mr Singer!

thetruth

Black Belt
Reaction score
I wouldn't mind seeing a new light heavyweight champ so I'm hoping Tito wins and there is no reason why he can't. On current form Chuck would have to be favourite but Tito is not new to this game and has plenty of weapons to take Chuck. Hopefully he can take Chuck down otherwise it will be super tough for him.

Cheers
Sam:asian:

Odin

2nd Black Belt
Reaction score
Ufc 66 hey predictions hey...mmmmmmm let me think.

Tito Vs liddel

mm I still dont know..its just a case of who does what first....if chuck lands one of his rights the fight will end shortly after..... but if Tito can get Liddel to ground then I cant see Liddel's guard being strong enough.....mmmm...on a shot I'd say...Mr Ortiz.

Forrest vs Jardine

Forrest by strikes.
Forrest will need to impress here after his last fight didnt give the fans what they wanted...and i dont think Jardine has the 'class' of fighter like Griffin.

Arlovski vs Cruz

oh right the heavyweight fights...umm i think I'll put the kettle on during this fight ( :
Arlovski to win.

Jason MacDonald vs Leben

I'd have to say my money is on the Canadian he impressed me in his match against Kalib he showed very good grappling skills against the team quest fighter...could Macdonald be the next UFC rising star??.....leben will come out banging hopefully Macdonald will know this.

Eric Schafer Vs Micheal Bisping

WAR BISPING!!!!!!!!! cough cough
I think bisping will take this, very good striking and very good floor work means that it could end anywhere for Schafer.

7starmantis

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I'm surprised to see so many people giving Tito the nod for that fight. I dont think Tito is really all that skilled, he has improved lately and that may help him, but I just dont see him beating Chuck. Liddel is no Shamrock. I will sya this, Chuck better keep it on his feet.

I'm also surprised at the Jardine/Griffin fight responses. I do think Forrest will win, but Jardine has impressed me and I think he is very underestimated, he should give a good fight at least.

OP
M

MJS

Administrator
Staff member
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
My predictions.

Chuck Liddell Vs. Tito Ortiz: This is going to be a great fight. I'm in agreement with Odin with the comments on the stand up and ground. I like both of them, but I'm going with Chuck.

Keith Jardine Vs. Forrest Griffin: Griffin

Andrei Arlovski Vs. Marcio Cruz: Arlovski by KO.

Jason MacDonald Vs. Chris Leben: Leben

Eric Schafer Vs. Michael Bisping: Bisping

Tony DeSouza Vs. Thiago Alves: Alves

Carmelo Marrero Vs. Gabriel Gonzaga: Don't know enough either one, but I'll take a guess and say Gonzaga.

Yushin Okami Vs. Rory Singer: Okami

Anthony Perosh Vs. Christian Wellisch: Again, don't know enough to comment, but I'll guess and say Perosh.

Dave_T_L_W

White Belt
Reaction score
My predictions.

Chuck Liddell Vs. Tito Ortiz: This is going to be a great fight. I'm in agreement with Odin with the comments on the stand up and ground. I like both of them, but I'm going with Chuck.

Keith Jardine Vs. Forrest Griffin: Griffin

Andrei Arlovski Vs. Marcio Cruz: Arlovski by KO.

Jason MacDonald Vs. Chris Leben: Leben

Eric Schafer Vs. Michael Bisping: Bisping

Tony DeSouza Vs. Thiago Alves: Alves

Carmelo Marrero Vs. Gabriel Gonzaga: Don't know enough either one, but I'll take a guess and say Gonzaga.

Yushin Okami Vs. Rory Singer: Okami

Anthony Perosh Vs. Christian Wellisch: Again, don't know enough to comment, but I'll guess and say Perosh.

I agree with all of these but I just dont know about the main event I can see it going either way. With all the titles changing hands recently in the UFC im goin with Tito (this also means that we will get liddell ortiz 3 - which would be good)

I also think that bisping is going to smash schafer all over the octagon.

MMAman

White Belt
Reaction score
Better Tito gets it to the ground position, otherwise Chuck will crush him.

Tez3

Sr. Grandmaster
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Micheal 'The Count' Bisping!!

Latest Discussions