U.S. Military Weapons Inscribed With Secret 'Jesus' Bible Codes

Bill Mattocks

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Weird...

http://abcnews.go.com/print?id=9575794

U.S. Military Weapons Inscribed With Secret 'Jesus' Bible Codes

Pentagon Supplier for Rifle Sights Says It Has 'Always' Added New Testament References

By JOSEPH RHEE, TAHMAN BRADLEY and BRIAN ROSS

Jan. 18, 2010 —

Coded references to New Testament Bible passages about Jesus Christ are inscribed on high-powered rifle sights provided to the United States military by a Michigan company, an ABC News investigation has found.
The sights are used by U.S. troops in Iraq and Afghanistan and in the training of Iraqi and Afghan soldiers. The maker of the sights, Trijicon, has a $660 million multi-year contract to provide up to 800,000 sights to the Marine Corps, and additional contracts to provide sights to the U.S. Army.
U.S. military rules specifically prohibit the proselytizing of any religion in Iraq or Afghanistan and were drawn up in order to prevent criticism that the U.S. was embarked on a religious "Crusade" in its war against al Qaeda and Iraqi insurgents.
One of the citations on the gun sights, 2COR4:6, is an apparent reference to Second Corinthians 4:6 of the New Testament, which reads: "For God, who commanded the light to shine out of darkness, hath shined in our hearts, to give the light of the knowledge of the glory of God in the face of Jesus Christ."
Other references include citations from the books of Revelation, Matthew and John dealing with Jesus as "the light of the world." John 8:12, referred to on the gun sights as JN8:12, reads, "Whoever follows me will never walk in darkness, but will have the light of life."

Ken Morgan

Senior Master
MT Mentor
Reaction score
I love this line, "Guided by our values, we endeavor to have our products used wherever precision aiming solutions are required to protect individual freedom." I don’t know why, but it’s just funny. F***ed up, but funny.

Well it’s a private company and they can do whatever they wish. With a government contract, provided the adhere to the terms of the contract, they’re probably OK as I doubt there is a provision in the wording prohibiting what they are doing.

However they understand the context to which these tools are being used by US forces, and they fully understand where their products are being used. Given that, it was and is completely irresponsible, foolish and stupid to do what they did, knowing how volatile the operating environment is for US forces in Afghanistan and Iraq. I believe they have put US and Allied forces in even greater danger and have made the job much harder and more dangerous for these forces to do their respective jobs.

Bruno@MT

Senior Master
Reaction score
They had better be sure that this really REALLY doesn't violate their contract. Otherwise, the one making that decision will be in trouble fro losing a big fat government contract :)

That said, I think it is a bit tasteless that the company did this, but nothing to waste emotions on. There is enough other misery in the world (even when looking only to the war in Iraq) that something as silly as this is really low on my list of things to get worked up about.

Carol

Crazy like a...
MT Mentor
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
...I guess "Front Toward Enemy" was already taken? :rolleyes:

I can easily see a contract being "restructured" over this.

punisher73

Senior Master
Reaction score
Bill beat me to it. I was going to post this as it was on the news here in Michigan this morning.

Is the video of the news item.

The thing is, the verses are not printed on the nightscopes/trijicon nitesites. They are "Coded". Which it shows in the video.

Last edited by a moderator:

jks9199

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Bill beat me to it. I was going to post this as it was on the news here in Michigan this morning.

Is the video of the news item.

The thing is, the verses are not printed on the nightscopes/trijicon nitesites. They are "Coded". Which it shows in the video.
Yeah; when I saw this, I looked into it a little. I think if you had handed one to me without telling me, I wouldn't have realized that they were scriptural quotes. And they all have something to do with light, so they're arguably related to the purpose.

I think it'll change pretty soon... at least on the sights they sell to the military and government. I can easily see them using it as a selling point with certain demographics, though!

Last edited by a moderator:

The Last Legionary

All warfare is based on deception.<br><b>nemo malu
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I once wrote 3:16 on my kali sticks. Told people it meant I just whooped their ***.

Flea

Beating you all over those fries!
MT Mentor
Reaction score
One can't help but wonder what the Prince Of Peace would have to say about this.

Archangel M

Senior Master
Reaction score
One can't help but wonder what the Prince Of Peace would have to say about this.

"But now, whoever has a money belt is to take it along, likewise also a bag, and whoever has no sword is to sell his coat and buy one." -Luke 22:36

Archangel M

Senior Master
Reaction score
Psalm 18

32 The God who girds me with strength And makes my way blameless?
33 He makes my feet like hinds’ feet, And sets me upon my high places.
34 He trains my hands for battle, So that my arms can bend a bow of bronze.

Carol

Crazy like a...
MT Mentor
MTS Alumni
Reaction score

"Eirene" doesn't always mean the English word for peace. It can mean peace. It can also mean prosperity, rest, or tranquility. It does not always mean "not at war" or "not fighting".

Matthew 10 (NAB)

11-13
Whatever town or village you enter, look for a worthy person in it, and stay there until you leave. As you enter a house, wish it peace. If the house is worthy, let your peace come upon it; if not, let your peace return to you

Do not think that I have come to bring peace upon the earth. I have come to bring not peace but the sword.

CoryKS

Senior Master
Reaction score

"Buddy Jesus" is a fairly recent conceit. Usually when a religion speaks of peace, it is talking about the peace that happens within the religion, when everybody has adopted the same set of beliefs and behaviors. As in, "everybody believe as I do and then we will have peace." The belief that one should be peaceful toward ones enemies is relatively new, and most likely won't last very long.

Big Don

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
John 2:15
And when he had made a scourge of small cords, he drove them all out of the temple, and the sheep, and the oxen; and poured out the changers' money, and overthrew the tables
Jesus wasn't opposed to using violence when appropriate.
roman-scourge-1.jpg
That is one mean looking weapon.

What possible good was done by exposing the code? Can it lead to anything but, more idiotic, knee-jerk hatred of Americans and/or Christians?

Gordon Nore

Senior Master
Reaction score
I'm guessing that, "Blessed are the peacemakers...," is not inscribed on these weapons.

Ken Morgan

Senior Master
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Can it lead to anything but, more idiotic, knee-jerk hatred of Americans and/or Christians?

?? By who? The people in Iraq and Afghanistan?

They don’t hate Americans because their Christian, and they don’t hate Christians because their American.

They don’t like Americans and Christians because you’re in their country.

Latest Discussions