"Two Tai Chi Fighters Fight Two MMA Fighters"

Dirty Dog

MT Senior Moderator
Staff member
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
Did you have a point you wanted to make or discuss?

Martial D

Senior Master
Reaction score
Pointless post.

In other news, people that actually practice a thing are generally better at it than those that do not. Also the sky is blue.

Monkey Turned Wolf

MT Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Two people fought, one person won. Twice. Not exactly anything groundbreaking in and of itself. Also, anybody else find that commentary annoying?

Martial D

Senior Master
Reaction score
Two people fought, one person won. Twice. Not exactly anything groundbreaking in and of itself. Also, anybody else find that commentary annoying?
It's all too typical nowadays. People think since they've watched x amount of MMA from the comfort of their couch, they are now an expert in martial arts.

It's honestly tiring.

drop bear

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score

So you don't think there are systems and training that may be producing better results?

Kung Fu Wang

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Did you have a point you wanted to make or discuss?
I also have issue to comment on any video without words. The discussion can end like this:

A: My opinion on this clips is ...
B: Nobody care about your opinion. I just do you guys a favor by showing this wonderful clip that I find.
A: ...

Monkey Turned Wolf

MT Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
So you don't think there are systems and training that may be producing better results?
There are. But two standalone fights doesnt tell me which system that is. OP could make that argument if he showed the win/lose ratio for tai chi fighters in sanda vs. Kickboxers in sanda, for instance.

Or compare the fighters that come out of the schools of the guys in the video, even.

But he didnt, he just showed a video of two fights.

drop bear

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
There are. But two standalone fights doesnt tell me which system that is. OP could make that argument if he showed the win/lose ratio for tai chi fighters in sanda vs. Kickboxers in sanda, for instance.

Or compare the fighters that come out of the schools of the guys in the video, even.

But he didnt, he just showed a video of two fights.

How many guys do you really want to see get beat up though?

Monkey Turned Wolf

MT Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
How many guys do you really want to see get beat up though?
Personally, none. But if someone wants to convince me that a style or school is bad, for the style: quite a lot. for the school: at least 4 people that the school is vouching for as their better fighters.

Latest Discussions