Twin Towers...with us still.

Kembudo-Kai Kempoka

Senior Master
Reaction score
I rented the video today, and watched it twice: Once without the survivors' commentary, and once with. I wept at points, as I did on that day just a few short years ago. The weight and reach of that disaster continue heavy on my heart, as even now the lives of those who were there, or related to them, continue to be so deeply impacted by such a tragic day.

What's good in the human heart? Honesty in love. Compassion. Mercy. Nobility. To do what must be done, not for any promise of reward, but because it is the right thing to do.

For the civilians who unknowingly gave their lives that day; they were only going to work, and could not know.

For the responders who knowingly gave of themselves; thiers was to know, and go anyway.

And for the thousands of service men and women who would have been right there with the first responders if they could, but being unable to, are trying to find a way to come to a call and make a difference. Some won't come back. Some will return, but leave parts of themselves in the deserts and mountains. Many more will return, changed for the rest of their lives by doing what none should have to do, and seeing what none should have to see.

A moment to honor you all. Come home soon. Your families need you, and we are all waiting.

Ninjamom

2nd Black Belt
Reaction score
Wow! My family and I just finished watching the movie, too. Parts felt so close, so real.. Too close, too real. I was on the phone with my husband when the third plane hit the Pentagon, so close to him that the building he was in shook.

We will not forget.

MA-Caver

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
The events of that terrible day are still with me as well. Constant reminders small and large. I hear people still talk about it.
Even among my caving friends the memory lingers as evidence from this picture from photographer Robert Coomer
Lest we forget!

Attachments

• $rcimg_Memorial911.jpg
    $rcimg_Memorial911.jpg
    40.2 KB · Views: 163

Carol

Crazy like a...
MT Mentor
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I was just outside NYC when the towers fell. Too close.

Thanks for posting that Dave :asian:

Latest Discussions