Trying to find out about a teacher

Domino

Black Belt
Reaction score
Looks like he has trained in allsorts, can see the Inosanto elements. Filipino Kali, Escrima, Wing Chun Gung Fu and attended seminars for Jeet Kun Do (JKD), Savate, Tai Chi, Silat, Muay Thai, and Arnis.
Contact him directly and go and feel.

punisher73

Senior Master
Reaction score
As Carol pointed out Mr. Simonet is a 9th degree in Tracy's Kenpo and has taught at their Gathering of the Eagles before for semniars. More recently, I think he says he has "abandoned" kenpo and is marketing his own Ki Fighting Concepts instead. He also had put out a video set from Paladin Press called "Extreme Kenpo" on some of their techniques.

I'll try to find it, but I remember reading an interview with him and talking about his Wing Chun and saying that he looked around and saw that he was better than most instructors so he must be a black sash. I am paraphrasing what he said, but that was the gist of it. It made it sound that he took the black sash for himself instead of a teacher granting it to him, so that is probably why you don't fnd a lineage/teacher ever listed. If you read his credentials he lists instructors etc. for all his other ranks.

Blindside

Grandmaster
Founding Member
Reaction score
Also in case he is not telling the truth, I was wondering if any of you know of a wing chun teacher in the columbia basin of washington state.

Where in the Columbia Basin?
I don't know anything about the lineages of Wing Chun or anything about this group but in Richland:
http://www.angelfire.com/wa2/deserttaekwondo/

Also, there is a group listed in Kennewick:
Big River Kung Fu
2924 S Jean St
Kennewick, WA 99337
509-551-7492

They had a website a couple of years ago but I can't find it now, I (very vaguely) recall something about them, and I want to say they were "Red Boat" WC, whatever that means. :D

And Walla Walla:
[h=1]Columbia Wing Chun Kung-Fu
(509) 301-6590
Walla Walla, WA 99362

I don't know how current any of these listings are, and perhaps they would have a reference for wherever you are in the Columbia basin.

Latest Discussions