Training Partners

Kaizen_BR

White Belt
Reaction score
Greetings.

I live in the North Bay Area (Marin County) and train in Santa Rosa, at Phas3 gym. The drive for me is an hour and a half each way and my schedule doesn't allow me more than 2 to 3 training sessions at Phas3. So, I often use the heavy bag by myself. I like to train 6 days a week. It's been three months now since I've been pretty consistent and things are getting a little stale as far as technique work-- the bag is great for conditioning but it limits me on skills I can practice.

I am looking for a TRAINING PARTNER that can meet me in a park or @ Marin City Community Center (they have a boxing ring) to practice basic things. My ultimate goal is to have amateur fights-- and win them.

I am 175lbs, 5'9'' and super easy going. I have a lot of equipment from my college lacrosse days for training (agility ladders, cones, ropes, head protections, etc) so I wouldn't mind throwing some footwork/cardio conditioning in there. Hell, we can even go run around Phoenix Lake. More important, I need someone who is motivated and wants to succeed like I do.

If you are anywhere in Marin between Tiburon - Novato, we can make it work!

Bruce7

Black Belt
Reaction score
Greetings.

I live in the North Bay Area (Marin County) and train in Santa Rosa, at Phas3 gym. The drive for me is an hour and a half each way and my schedule doesn't allow me more than 2 to 3 training sessions at Phas3. So, I often use the heavy bag by myself. I like to train 6 days a week. It's been three months now since I've been pretty consistent and things are getting a little stale as far as technique work-- the bag is great for conditioning but it limits me on skills I can practice.

I am looking for a TRAINING PARTNER that can meet me in a park or @ Marin City Community Center (they have a boxing ring) to practice basic things. My ultimate goal is to have amateur fights-- and win them.

I am 175lbs, 5'9'' and super easy going. I have a lot of equipment from my college lacrosse days for training (agility ladders, cones, ropes, head protections, etc) so I wouldn't mind throwing some footwork/cardio conditioning in there. Hell, we can even go run around Phoenix Lake. More important, I need someone who is motivated and wants to succeed like I do.

If you are anywhere in Marin between Tiburon - Novato, we can make it work!
I hope you are successful in your goal.

Buka

Sr. Grandmaster
Staff member
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Welcome to MT, bud.

Keep the faith, keep looking, you'll find someone.

Gerry Seymour

MT Moderator
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Welcome to MartialTalk. Not in your area (nor a MT person), but I hope you find someone to work out with.

Headhunter

Senior Master
Reaction score
If you want to fight you need a proper coach you can train full time with not 2-3 times a week, 2-3 times is fine for a hobby and learning and fitness but not for an actual fight

jobo

Grandmaster
Reaction score
If you want to fight you need a proper coach you can train full time with not 2-3 times a week, 2-3 times is fine for a hobby and learning and fitness but not for an actual fight
his objective is to have amateur fights, two or three times a week seems quite reasonable for that objective .

Latest Discussions