Trained with brad Stanton

Kickboxer101

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
So at the weekend there was a session at a Muay Thai gym with brad Stanton who's the number 1 Muay Thai fighter in the world. It was an amazing session learnt so much during that time. Anyone else done any work with him?

Tony Dismukes

MT Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Glad to hear you had a good training session.

I'm not sure what Mr. Stanton's credentials are as "number 1 Muay Thai fighter in the world." I found some references to him being a IMTKA world champion, but I've been unable to find any details regarding the IMTKA itself. Does it stand for International Muay Thai Kickboxing Association, maybe? Anyway, if it was one of the more prestigious sanctioning bodies I would expect to be able to find some information online regarding it.

If I was going to award the title of "number 1 Muay Thai fighter in the world", I would probably look at the list of winners of multiple Lumpinee stadium or K1 championships.

kuniggety

2nd Black Belt
Reaction score
It seems he's a top fighter out of the U.K. and spent some time training at a gym in Thailand but, in his own admittion, he didn't do a lot of great fighting. If he'd have had success out of Lumphini, I'd say.

That all aside, he seems like a knowledgable and skilled fighter to learn a lot from.

drop bear

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
Glad to hear you had a good training session.

I'm not sure what Mr. Stanton's credentials are as "number 1 Muay Thai fighter in the world." I found some references to him being a IMTKA world champion, but I've been unable to find any details regarding the IMTKA itself. Does it stand for International Muay Thai Kickboxing Association, maybe? Anyway, if it was one of the more prestigious sanctioning bodies I would expect to be able to find some information online regarding it.

If I was going to award the title of "number 1 Muay Thai fighter in the world", I would probably look at the list of winners of multiple Lumpinee stadium or K1 championships.

K1 isnt really muay thai. DIfferent rules which is important to the guys who do that kind of stuff.

Latest Discussions