Toyota's New Pitch Woman Is Unreal

Bob Hubbard

Retired
MT Mentor
Founding Member
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Meet Toyota's new TV pitch woman: Hatsune Miku, a young Japanese singer who has been extremely popular in her homeland. She's also a computer-generated anime character.
Miku, a 3D computer-generated persona created by Cypton Future Media, is typical of Japanese animated (anime) women. Her ankle-length ponytails and singing voice—composed of real voices processed through synthesizer software—are staples among anime fans. And last year, Japanese audiences flocked to her sold-out concerts, where Miku is projected on a stage in front of a live band. (See the second video embedded below.)
http://consumerist.com/2011/05/toyotas-new-pitchwoman-is-unreal.html
[yt]E15PE7iGT0U[/yt]
[yt]DTXO7KGHtjI[/yt]

Ok...I'm impressed. Having played with speech synth in the past, to find out that the singing is actually being done by the system, is just cool.
The quality of the projection also, I'm impressed by.

granfire

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
Oh, my, I hope they won't find her in some low budget Hentai....

Carol

Crazy like a...
MT Mentor
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
She's the soul of Toyota. She gives the appearance of overheating and then turns off for no apparent reason...including when you least want that to happen...... :lol2: :rofl:

(I'm going to hell for that one, aren't I...)

granfire

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
She's the soul of Toyota. She gives the appearance of overheating and then turns off for no apparent reason...including when you least want that to happen...... :lol2: :rofl:

(I'm going to hell for that one, aren't I...)

:) yes, yes you :ultracool are

(but holy sh..., the picture on wiki does not leave anything to the imagination...)

Big Don

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
That is pretty damn neat.
Damn computer generated actors and singers, taking the jobs of real entertainers...

billc

Grandmaster
Reaction score
I find that the computer generated actors and singers seem more like real people than the actual actors and singers. they probably treat their staffs better as well.

granfire

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score

Latest Discussions