Tonight!

That's great! let us know how it went. I just started chinese kempo a couple of months ago. You will love it.Good luck!:)

Have a good time! I kinda envy you! Never again will you level of 'learning' in Kenpo exceed your first day. Two tips:
1: RELAX!!!!
2: When you get home after your first class try to write down as much as you can about it and how you felt. I wish I would have done that.

Your Brother
John

Thanks guys I am very excited yet kinda nervous.

Jason tell cappi your a friend of Dan Brady, it won't get you a free lunch but it might get you a kick in the groin.;)

Your going to have a great time.

Respectfully Dan Brady.:D

Originally posted by D_Brady
Jason tell cappi your a friend of Dan Brady, it won't get you a free lunch but it might get you a kick in the groin.;)

When you go to a Kenpo school, a kick in the groin is what you get just for showing up. Well, maybe not always a kick, but it's usually groin-related.:rofl:

Ill do that from a distance....:D

Tonight was Great! I want to thank you all for your help on here. I am a little sore, it was a good work out and I feel I really soaked up the blocks and kick combos taught. Mike is a very down to earth humble guy.
I will be back tomorrow. :)

Congrats on starting out! Glad to hear you enjoyed yourself!

glad you enjoyed your class. Sore is to be expected. Like my teacher says, there's good pain too. :)

Did you get kicked in the groin?:soapbox:
Ah Several times and Yes he Said to ask how you were! Would like to see you down again soon.;)

After you've been training for a while and your body has becomed accustomed to your new MA training, the soreness, and aches and pains will be gone. From my own experience, it's just the couple of days after your initial training that are kind of tough. :(

Just hang in there. Remember, that's why aspirin and Advil were invented... ;)

Originally posted by cali_tkdbruin
After you've been training for a while and your body has becomed accustomed to your new MA training, the soreness, and aches and pains will be gone. From my own experience, it's just the couple of days after your initial training that are kind of tough. :(

Just hang in there. Remember, that's why aspirin and Advil were invented... ;)
Just 2 Aleve.......

Originally posted by Brother John
Have a good time! I kinda envy you! Never again will you level of 'learning' in Kenpo exceed your first day. Two tips:
1: RELAX!!!!
2: When you get home after your first class try to write down as much as you can about it and how you felt. I wish I would have done that.

Your Brother
John

Brother John,

Great idea! I wish I would have written down what I thought and experienced on my first night at karate.

How time goes by so quickly!

Hope all is well sir. Take care.

Respectfully,
Joshua Ryer
UPK Pittsburgh

Back