Toes breaking more than is normal?

Wing Woo Gar

Senior Master
Reaction score
Lots of people have kidney issues for totally different reasons, plenty of which are genetic, nada to do with lifestyle.

You can do all those right things, diet exercise etc and still end up with organ issues.

For me this is enlightening, now I know to go slow on the amino acids with certain company.
Polycystic kidney disease is a good example of losing function without symptoms.

tkdroamer

Purple Belt
Reaction score
Lots of people have kidney issues for totally different reasons, plenty of which are genetic, nada to do with lifestyle.

You can do all those right things, diet exercise etc and still end up with organ issues.

For me this is enlightening, now I know to go slow on the amino acids with certain company.
I agree it is person specific.
When I was competing, amino acids were a big part of my nutrition plan. Ate them like candy it seemed.

Our son is a very fit, very active late 20-year old. Two years ago totally out of the blue he woke up very swollen. Long story short, he had/has FSGS. For a while it was a roller coaster of looking like an anorexic meth head to rather overweight. Things finally worked themselves out. He is on no medication and just watches what he eats.
On a side note, while he was in the hospital he got c-diff. He said that was rougher than the kidney issues.

Wing Woo Gar

Senior Master
Reaction score
I agree it is person specific.
When I was competing, amino acids were a big part of my nutrition plan. Ate them like candy it seemed.

Our son is a very fit, very active late 20-year old. Two years ago totally out of the blue he woke up very swollen. Long story short, he had/has FSGS. For a while it was a roller coaster of looking like an anorexic meth head to rather overweight. Things finally worked themselves out. He is on no medication and just watches what he eats.
On a side note, while he was in the hospital he got c-diff. He said that was rougher than the kidney issues.
C. dif can be associated with antibiotic use. Very nasty. Not my favorite thing to deal with in the operating room. It’s challenging to keep the operative field sterile during code brown.

Latest Discussions