To my darling husband, -- This is funny

hemi

Purple Belt
Reaction score
Before you return from your overseas trip I just want to let you know about the small accident I had with the pick up truck when I turned into the driveway. Fortunately not too bad and I really didn't get hurt, so please don't worry too much about me.

I was coming home from Wal-Mart, and when I turned into the driveway I accidentally pushed down on the accelerator instead of the brake. The garage door is slightly bent but the pick up fortunately came to a halt when it bumped into your car.

I am really sorry, but I know with your kind-hearted personality you will forgive me. You know how much I love you and care for you my sweetheart. I am enclosing a picture for you.

I cannot wait to hold you in my arms again.

Your loving wife.
XXX

crash.jpg

exile

To him unconquered.
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Um.... that's a Ferrari under that pickup truck, if I'm not mistaken...

Hmmm.... mmmm.... :uhohh:

Rich Parsons

A Student of Martial Arts
Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Nice, she missed the bike :D

exile

To him unconquered.
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
For all practical purposes, this kid is grounded for life—can you imagine what his insurance premiums are going to be, after that???

King

Green Belt
Reaction score
Note to self: Ferarri's makes a good mobile ramp.

Hoo-boy, I don't even want to imagine how insurance is going to sort this thing.

Carol

Crazy like a...
MT Mentor
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Meh...I carry the state minimum for property damage, which is about $40K. Unless Arkansas' compulsory limits are higher, I doubt the teen was carrying much more.

So...what happens if someone with the state minimum takes out a Porsche? The Porsche driver has to claim underinsured motorist. That's their problem.

exile

To him unconquered.
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Meh...I carry the state minimum for property damage, which is about $40K. Unless Arkansas' compulsory limits are higher, I doubt the teen was carrying much more.

So...what happens if someone with the state minimum takes out a Porsche? The Porsche driver has to claim underinsured motorist. That's their problem.

So does that mean their own insurance has to cover the rest? Sounds like the Porsche driver's going to get hit with a sky-high premium jump as well. I didn't realize this, but apparently you have no protection for rate increases in the event of an accident, even if it was legally the other driver's fault. In principle, the company can up your rates if they don't like the way you comb your hair, so... the guy with the Ferrari is probably in serious trouble now—insurance premiums for high performance are tend to go through the roof anyway.

I look at that photo and keep thinking, it's really true—things could be worse...

Latest Discussions