To be buried or cremated?

Bigshadow

Senior Master
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
What are your thoughts about being buried or cremated? Is there any information on how this affects the environment of the future, especially with our over-populated planet? Would cremation be a better alternative by saving space and being less of a possible bio hazard?

I think cremation, is the best way to go. I also think it releases ones energy back into the universe more quickly while not leaving much on the environment.

This is something that my brother and I were discussing recently and I thought it would be a great discussion.

Andrew Green

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Doesn't really matter to me. I'll be dead, do with me as you please :)

As long as no one spends $1000's of dollars on a fancy box to put me in or a big rock to put over me (Don't worry, I promise not to try and climb out as a undead creature) I'm ok with whatever gets rid of me the easiest.

Cremate or compost both are fine.

Maggots need to eat as well, and my rotting carcoss will probably be pretty tasty. I've also heard that a insulating rubber layer to keep moisture out is good for keeping the gases that form from decompossing in, which can lead to a explosion, that would be pretty cool. Now, are you planning on eating that last donut? :D

Lisa

Don't get Chewed!
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Doesn't really matter to me. I'll be dead, do with me as you please :)

As long as no one spends $1000's of dollars on a fancy box to put me in or a big rock to put over me (Don't worry, I promise not to try and climb out as a undead creature) I'm ok with whatever gets rid of me the easiest.

Cremate or compost both are fine.

Maggots need to eat as well, and my rotting carcoss will probably be pretty tasty. I've also heard that a insulating rubber layer to keep moisture out is good for keeping the gases that form from decompossing in, which can lead to a explosion, that would be pretty cool. Now, are you planning on eating that last donut? :D

:lfao: :lfao:

You are skin and bone! They will starve!

As for me, cremate me please! Don't care what you do with the ashes but I don't want maggots eating me! I know, I will be dead, but the thought just creeps me out just the same.

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
Cremated... and then have someone I trust go to people I don't like and throw ashes at them saying Xue says HI :)

Actually it matters not to me I won't be around to care.

MA-Caver

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
I agree that it won't matter when you're dead.
I've told several people to go ahead and cremate me and then take half my ashes put them in an urn and take THAT urn and put it down the bottom of a very deep cave that I know and then the other half to be scattered into a flowing stream at the bottom of yet another very deep cave so that my ashes will be exploring the unknown parts of the cave that no human can travel through. :uhyeah:

Cryozombie

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Personally, I am planning to be taxidermed and kept around for the grandkids.

shesulsa

Columbia Martial Arts Academy
MT Mentor
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Cremated for me.

One thing I don't want is my children to feel the need to visit some reminder of their pain (or happiness, pooh on them) or anything like that.

I don't want a stone or box or anything else tying me to the earth and I don't want someone to put my ashes on some mantel only to get tipped over and vaccuumed up or pooped in by the cat ... free me in the ocean wind over the Tahiti Express, thank you very much.

shesulsa

MT Mentor
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Personally, I am planning to be taxidermed and kept around for the grandkids.
My husband keeps threatening to do this so that he can "stay around" for "me." :shrug: :barf:

Rich Parsons

A Student of Martial Arts
Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
What I want is a big huge fire with body on top to go up and everyone can sing and dance. (* Some for the loss, and some because I will be gone. ;) *)

I know that this most likely will not happen. So just plain old cremation.

morph4me

Goin' with the flow
MT Mentor
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I told my wife to put me in one of those stretchy garbage bags and put me out on trash day. I won't know the difference, but now that I see that I can be made into jewelry:rolleyes:

shesulsa

MT Mentor
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
What I want is a big huge fire with body on top to go up and everyone can sing and dance. (* Some for the loss, and some because I will be gone. ;) *)

I know that this most likely will not happen. So just plain old cremation.
How about a viking burial? ;)

Rich Parsons

A Student of Martial Arts
Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
How about a viking burial? ;)

Well I thought of that. But it would require being burned on a ship and having my wife burn with me. (* Old ways *) If I have a wife in the future, she should be able to choose her own way. But having a nice boat filled with MY STUFF go up in flame with me would be cool.

kachi

Orange Belt
Reaction score
Maggots need to eat as well, and my rotting carcoss will probably be pretty tasty.

This is a bit of a gross question but anyway,
I'm confused, is it just myth that maggots eat your corpse? Because maggots come from flies and that means that everyone that dies would have had to, at some point, had a fly lay it's young in your dead body... And alot of people that die would be put in a body bag soon after, then in the morgue, then to the coffin, therefore the flies are unable to reach them at all. So there can't really be maggots in all corpses can there?

Don Roley

Senior Master
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
My father had an ex-wife before he married my mother. From what I understand from him, she made a holy vow in front of several people she was going to find out where he was buried and dance on his grave. She had already done it with another husband.

As per his request, we cremated him and scattered the ashes at sea....:lfao:

FearlessFreep

Senior Master
Reaction score
Cremated... and then have someone I trust go to people I don't like and throw ashes at them saying Xue says HI

That would be a lot more fun if you just were embalmed and chopped into recognizable chunks...such as throwing your dead hand at someone

bydand

Senior Master
Reaction score
I have come to realize what an increadably warped bunch we are here on MT.

Personally, I'll be dead so I won't give a rip one way or the other, but if I had to pick; I'll take the hefty bag route. Probably have to be a lawn & leaf bag to fit my big butt into though. Aside from that, creamate me and flush the ashes, everybody says I have a potty mouth and that would be fitting, just don't send a chaser right away. At least give me the dignity of a double flush.

elder999

El Oso de Dios!
Reaction score
My body will be sky buried...barring that, I'm leaving instructions to dress me in an aloha shirt, put my hat on my head and a beer in my hand and put me out with that week's trash.

Ceicei

Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
My body will be sky buried...barring that, I'm leaving instructions to dress me in an aloha shirt, put my hat on my head and a beer in my hand and put me out with that week's trash.
Are you related to Bernie? :wink:

- Ceicei

Latest Discussions