TKD material?

chrismay101

Green Belt
Reaction score
Hi

anyone know of any books or DVDs to do with Taekwondo that are any good.

It would be a bonus if they UKTA or ITF.

cheers.

K31

Blue Belt
Reaction score
I bought Kim Sung's Stretching for Martial Arts. Although it is not specifically TKD, I think it is a very good and easy to follow manual/reference. I also bought his Palgwe Poomse DVD when I wanted a DVD on Palgwe forms because I liked his book. I think that the DVD was very well done and shows the forms from different vantage points, goes through them slow and fast and gives the Korean terms for each action.

Kacey

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
http://www.amazon.com/Tae-Kwon-Do-O...2568156?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1174281393&sr=8-4

Just the basics, but part of a series covering the ITF tuls. They looked decent when I paged through one a while back.

www.itf-information.com offers a straight DVD of the patterns.

I'll have to look at the first one... the second one is actually the complete Encyclopedia of TaeKwon-Do, by Gen. Choi Hong Hi, on DVD (needs a computer - I don't think it works on a standard TV DVD player - but I could be wrong; I've never tried it)

Marginal

Senior Master
Reaction score
I'll have to look at the first one... the second one is actually the complete Encyclopedia of TaeKwon-Do, by Gen. Choi Hong Hi, on DVD (needs a computer - I don't think it works on a standard TV DVD player - but I could be wrong; I've never tried it)
They updated the old CD ROM a year or so back. They split the videos into a DVD (pretty much just a replacement for the old Legacy VHS tapes) and they now offer the encyclopedia as a standalone CD Rom with no videos as well.

jim777

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
You can still buy Jhoon Rhee's books on the ITF hyungs

+1000 I LOVE Grand Master Rhee's books, they are simply awesome to have around as a refernce when you are learning the hyungs. They are dirt cheap as well, as you can get them used in great shape from amazon, or half.com or other places. Everyone should get the set :D