TKD and the reason behind

terryl965

<center><font size="2"><B>Martial Talk Ultimate<BR
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I was wondering why everybody that has stayed with TKD has done so and the main purpose behind the alternative motive that you had.

I myself have stayed with it for the complexity of every single techniques and the bio-machanics behind the kicks. The physical workout even though they are half of what they where 10 years ago is still able to give the satifaction of being able to do everything in life.
Terry

Fluffy

Black Belt
Reaction score
To be honest........it's fun. TKD has a good balance between sport and practical application. TKD is generally flexible; meaning you can add other MA's (Largo Mano Escrima for example) rather easily. Also, I have found that once you get into a habit - a certain way of a kick or stance - it's a hard thing to unlearn.

IcemanSK

El Conquistador nim!
MT Mentor
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Like Fluffy said, its a great base for any other art. When I trained in kickboxing I didn't have to changed the way I kicked. TKD folks are known for being great kickers. When I started helping out the Okinawan style Karate class it was simply because the instructor said, "Your a TKD guy, you can teach my folks how to kick well." Its a great compliment to our art.

Kacey

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I started by chance - and stayed because it filled a need I didn't know existed. Nineteen years later, I'm still here, because it has become a part of my life that I can't imagine living without.

Miles

Senior Master
Reaction score
I love TKD and can't imagine not doing it. I have felt the same way since I started, now nearly 31 yrs ago. I enjoy the training. I enjoy the competition. I enjoy the camaraderie. I enjoy the hot shower afterward! :)

tkd_jen

Purple Belt
Reaction score
I started because it was something new offered in my extremely rural North Dakota town, and because there were no other girls involved yet. I thought I could recruit some (and did) if I ended up liking it (ended up loving it instead).

Then I moved away to college, found a new gym, then found out about student loans and decided to work instead for a while (way, way too long) instead of training.

Then moved to Fargo, found an awesome gym and hope to never leave. It just gets in your blood. I love everything about training. I love leading warmups, I love the way I feel after a hard class, I love all the friends I've made, I love constantly testing myself and pushing my limits, the list goes on and on....