Tiger Wood spits on green and is fined...

punisher73

Senior Master
Reaction score
Here is an article with the clip.
http://sports.espn.go.com/golf/news/story?id=6120498

Your thoughts?

I am seeing a lot of backlash that this is all because everyone is anti-Tiger now in golf and that no one would have said anything about his behavior a couple years ago. Then there is a lot of backlash that it is because Tiger is black that he was fine. Then there are the who cares crowd, people spit all the time in baseball and no one says anything.

For those of you who play golf, appropriate sanction or out to get Tiger?

My opinion, is that golf has VERY defined rules of behavior and expectations of players and has a very defined ettiquette for playing. I think that ANY pro who hawked up a loogie like that on a green (definately when televised for the world to see) would be sanctioned in the same way.

granfire

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
They actually did fine him?

man, how times have changed...

But yes, it's golf

depositing that loogy n the green is really nasty. with all the ball marking and picking up.
It's not like there isn't enough space around on a golf course, only a few dozen acres or so....

Omar B

Senior Master
Reaction score
I used to work at a golf club in high school, those dudes out there used to treat the entire course like a giant lavatory. Even though their were strategically placed facilities along the course.

Don't know how it works at professional PGA events, but from what I saw of a pretty high classed country club and several smaller tournaments held there, it's not much better.

granfire

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
I used to work at a golf club in high school, those dudes out there used to treat the entire course like a giant lavatory. Even though their were strategically placed facilities along the course.

Don't know how it works at professional PGA events, but from what I saw of a pretty high classed country club and several smaller tournaments held there, it's not much better.

But they don't deposit the leavings on the green where a lot of traffic is...or in front of cameras...

(but you knew men are only a half a step from a cave man away: best lavatory for guys is still a fence around a tree, and that is pretty universal!) :D

Carol

Crazy like a...
MT Mentor
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Golf has rules, but many rules depend on the honor system -- unlike other sports where there are referees that watch every move. I don't think Tiger got busted because he is Tiger, I think Tiger got busted because he was at a big event where many eyes were watching and was ultimately caught on tape.

Do people get caned for spitting in Dubai as they do in Singapore? :lol:

Latest Discussions