Thoughts on this school?

AceHBK

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
I have recently relocated to Phoenix, AZ and I am looking for a good WC school and I am not sure of this lineage and I know I need to check it out for myself but I would like to you know what you guys think of course from the website.

I ahve been gone from this website for awhile but feels great to be posting again. Life keeps us so busy but always nice to see familiar names.

Hung Fa Yi Wing Chun

www.hfyaz.com

Thanks!!

If you all have some other recommendations of schools out here I would appreciate that as well.

mook jong man

Senior Master
Reaction score
I have recently relocated to Phoenix, AZ and I am looking for a good WC school and I am not sure of this lineage and I know I need to check it out for myself but I would like to you know what you guys think of course from the website.

I ahve been gone from this website for awhile but feels great to be posting again. Life keeps us so busy but always nice to see familiar names.

Hung Fa Yi Wing Chun

www.hfyaz.com

Thanks!!

If you all have some other recommendations of schools out here I would appreciate that as well.

Bear in mind that I live on the other side of the planet , but just looking at the web site , that school looks like it teaches a mish mash of things.

Also when people start talking about secret family style this and secret stuff that , I start to get a bit suspicious.

I think you should give it a big miss , do yourself a favour and go and train with Geezer's group , he's around your way isn't he?

matsu

Purple Belt
Reaction score
beat me to it mr mook. i was gonna say go and train with geezer!
i would if i lived remotely that neck of the woods!!

matsu

hunt1

Green Belt
Reaction score
avoid! Joy teaches in the area as well. Should check him out as well as gezzer

OP
AceHBK

AceHBK

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
Thanks everyone. I felt the same way but I have been away from MA for awhile and it is always good to get a few opinions since I am rusty.

duende

White Belt
Reaction score
I am surprised by some of the responses on this thread. Especially Hunt1's as I had thought we had seen eye to eye on many things Wing Chun over on KFO.

HFY is not a mish mash or secret system. Unfortunately however, we did experience some growing pains earlier on and got marketed that way by a former member. But that has all long since been resolved.

Why not come to a free class. Check it out. And critically think about what we teach against real world challenges and current MMA skill sets.

Look at our footwork, posistioning, and guard hands that are built with in our HFYWC system. Question everything...

If you don't see their real world applications and physical benefits then it's not for you. And time to try out another school

As there are many other fine schools in the Phoenix area. (Joy's comes to mind).

Whatever you do. Don't just go by what some people online say. Hands on experience is key.

Best

Eric_H

Black Belt
Reaction score
Hi AceHBK,

I'm the instructor of the Wudang division of the school you're asking about, and have been a Wing Chun member since 2002. I was referred here by duende so that I can answer any questions about it.

At the moment our school features three separate programs led by three separate teachers, Hung Fa Yi Wing Chun, Wudang Sword and Aikido. While some students have chosen to participate in more than one program there is no mixing or "mish-mash" of information between the three.

If you would like any information feel free to ask here or you can PM me for my phone #.

Best,
Eric
www.wudangaz.com