Thomas the Pregnant Man

Tez3

Sr. Grandmaster
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Tez3 -- multiracial adoptions are not allowed in England? Why?
Here in the states it seems just the opposite, anything goes, except that few people will take advantage of their freedom to adopt the available kids. I think ultimately that most couples don't want to admit that they want kids that "look like them".
Sad, really...

We have social workers who want to be seen as politically correct and only place ethic groups within the same ethnic group, as they believe only the same group can 'understand' them. To a certain extant you can agree with that, but the result is that many children are left growing up in care instead of in a loving family. I believe the quote from one of the social workers (white) is that he'd rather have children living in care than place a black child with a white family. It's racism in reverse where the social workers (Britains most hated group of people next to estate agents) want to show how 'understanding' they are. so much so that we've had child after child die from abusive parents because they were too politically correct to go and check on these children.
http://www.nspcc.org.uk/whatwedo/me...licy/Child_deaths_media_briefing_wda49332.htm

CuongNhuka

Senior Master
Reaction score
While that is true MA-Caver, there is a small differnce. While the definition maybe not-so-bad, the interpritpation generally given to the term "freak show" is anouther matter. A similar concept would be calling someone gay. The diffinition is happy, the likely intent is homosexual.

Makalakumu

Gonzo Karate Apocalypse
MT Mentor
Reaction score
that the natural order of things...it's a freak show.

I wouldn't assume that you know what the "natural order of things" is? No one really knows what causes people to be homosexual or transgender, it just happens.

Maybe THATS the "the natural order of things"? We just don't know.

Calling someone a "freak" based on an assumption of what you think the "natural order of things" might be is wrong.

MA-Caver

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
While that is true MA-Caver, there is a small difference. While the definition maybe not-so-bad, the interpretation generally given to the term "freak show" is another matter. A similar concept would be calling someone gay. The definition is happy, the likely intent is homosexual.
I have several friends who would prefer to be called Gay than any of the derogatory terminology used in the past, in-fact they rather insist upon it.

Well then, following that line of logic: Since Gay used to mean happy carefree (still does) and now is a more popular terminology for someone who prefers their own sex, ... then Freak Show could be end up as a popular terminology for a family of where one (or both) parents have had sex changes and have children from each other. It wouldn't have to be derogatory anymore wouldn't it?? :uhyeah:

Tez3

Sr. Grandmaster
Supporting Member
Reaction score
What children need and want is love and security. They don't care what the makeup of their family is they just want to be loved and wanted for all the right reasons.

MA Caver you could be on to something there, there is a history of taking an abusive name and calling yourself it to confound your enemy!
http://www.firstworldwar.com/atoz/oldcontemptibles.htm

tellner

Senior Master
Reaction score
Tez3 -- multiracial adoptions are not allowed in England? Why?
Here in the states it seems just the opposite, anything goes, except that few people will take advantage of their freedom to adopt the available kids. I think ultimately that most couples don't want to admit that they want kids that "look like them".

Girlbug, these 'states' you live in. I do not think they are the ones with their capital in Washington, DC. White kids are placed with White families. Black kids are placed with Black families and so on. It's almost impossible to adopt across the color lines. Mixed couples pretty much can't adopt because at least one parent will be "wrong". We found out when we started the process. They were very sorry. They were sure we'd be fine parents, but it was best for the child if it grew up with two parents who "could provide the correct cultural environment".

I did a little checking and found out what "the correct cultural environment" means. It means that you don't mix light and dark meat on the same platter. In earlier more racist days it just wasn't done. During the late 60s/early 70s the Association of Black Social Workers raised a lot of hell. They yelled. They applied pressure. They threatened lawsuits. They compared transracial adoption to "genocide" and called it a "cultural Holocaust" against Blacks. They said it would be better for a child to grow up in an orphanage or shuttled from one foster home to another than to be adopted by a family that wasn't all Black.

That became the accepted way of doing things. It was applied across all the stupid artificial ethnic categories we've created. And it hasn't changed significantly. Everyone with an ethnic axe to grind likes it. The liberals go with the Black social workers. The conservatives prefer the way it was done before when people kept more to their own. The ABSW and their sort feel important. The children who need homes and the parents who ache to provide them are just not that important.

The process of adopting is long, hard and like something out of Kafka. It will, not could or might but will cost many thousands of dollars. They will look at everything and apply strange standards about income, neighborhood, undefined "suitability", weight (like Tez said) and a lot of other things. Very often after all the time and money and heartbreak the birth mother will change her mind or the birth father will suddenly appear or you'll just be told that it isn't going to happen. Sometimes "after" means when the papers have been signed and the child is actually in your arms.

Some friends who got through the process a few years ago ended up spending thirty thousand dollars on two false starts before things finally worked. It took just about exactly twice as long as it would have to produce a child the old-fashioned way.

Archangel M

Senior Master
Reaction score
Have you ever taken the time to rationally think about this opinion? It's brutal, oppressive, ultimately cowardly because you just so happen to belong to part of a big group and somehow you feel entitled to wag your finger at others who are different.

Think about it. You called a family a freakshow. These are people who are raising children just like mine and are just trying to be happy with who they are. Why does this inspire violence in you? Why do you feel the need to bully them? Have you considered that their might be "alternative" family members on this site? Why do you want to hurt people?

You may think that you are entitled to have this opinion, that you somehow have the license to hurt others because you just so happen to belong to the majority, that you can say whatever you want. Fine.

So, here's my opinion...

You called a family a freakshow. That's a horrible thing to say to anyone.

Violence? Bullying? Dude get over yourself. Thats my opinion, it appears you dont think im entitled to it. Typical...most libs are thought police at the core.

Archangel M

Senior Master
Reaction score
I wouldn't assume that you know what the "natural order of things" is? No one really knows what causes people to be homosexual or transgender, it just happens.

Maybe THATS the "the natural order of things"? We just don't know.

Calling someone a "freak" based on an assumption of what you think the "natural order of things" might be is wrong.

See a lot of surgical procedures and hormone therapy in nature do ya? Anomalies do not count as a "natural process" or "normal". How do the vast majority of humans reproduce? We seem to have reached a point in history where its fashionable to normalize every marginal behavior or group. My opinion is, this is America, so if they are breaking no laws do as you will. However dont expect everybody to treat them as "normal".

MA-Caver

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Originally Posted by upnorthkyosa
My friend, I honestly cannot believe after being around for all these years and seeing/knowing the things I have/do... that ANYTHING "just happens". :asian:

shesulsa

Columbia Martial Arts Academy
MT Mentor
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Violence? Bullying? Dude get over yourself. Thats my opinion, it appears you dont think im entitled to it. Typical...most libs are thought police at the core.
OH I think you're entitled to it. We are allowed in this world and in this country to be any kind of ignoramus we wanna be, hate whomever we want to hate, point fingers in any direction to point.

I personally don't care what anybody thinks ... your mind is YOUR prison ... NOT MINE.

Makalakumu

Gonzo Karate Apocalypse
MT Mentor
Reaction score
My friend, I honestly cannot believe after being around for all these years and seeing/knowing the things I have/do... that ANYTHING "just happens". :asian:

All I meant is that we don't have an explanation for it. We don't know why. There's no way that anyone can logically differentiate between what might be natural or unnatural.

With that being said, I think it would be best to err on the side of caution and try and have a little more empathy.

Big Don

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
Which explains why it's the conservatives who want to have a state-sancationed religion:rofl:
Another pointless, baseless attack.
Name two conservatives who campaigned for a state-sanctioned religion.
Oh, that's right, you can't.
However, I can certainly name liberals who criticize Christianity and treat Islam as if it were holy writ...

Makalakumu

Gonzo Karate Apocalypse
MT Mentor
Reaction score
See a lot of surgical procedures and hormone therapy in nature do ya? Anomalies do not count as a "natural process" or "normal". How do the vast majority of humans reproduce? We seem to have reached a point in history where its fashionable to normalize every marginal behavior or group. My opinion is, this is America, so if they are breaking no laws do as you will. However dont expect everybody to treat them as "normal".

Why are you so convinced you KNOW what normal is?

Big Don

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
All I meant is that we don't have an explanation for it. We don't know why. There's no way that anyone can logically differentiate between what might be natural or unnatural.

With that being said, I think it would be best to err on the side of caution and try and have a little more empathy.
Empathy is fine, however, a lesbian, mid way through the process of surgical and hormonal changes to APPEAR to be a man, is NOT, a man having a baby.
Oh, and isn't it a fetus?

Tez3

Sr. Grandmaster
Supporting Member
Reaction score

You know I'm really really fed up with trying to explain what liberals are instead of non liberal people TELLING me what we are and getting it so horribly wrong. You have absolutely no idea what liberals are and insist on using it to mean fascists. Say fascist or communist don't insult us the liberals (or Whigs if you prefer) by tarring us with the same brush.
this as has been explained before is a worldwide forum and you are insulting an awful lot of people who don't deserve it.

Anyway why not treat GLBTs as normal, you'd hope they did they same to you wouldn't you? Treat people as you'd want to be treated, a very good motto for life.

Big Don

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
Why are you so convinced you KNOW what normal is?
Perhaps, because he knows the definition of normal:
nor·mal
thinsp.png
LINK /ˈnɔr
thinsp.png
məl/ Pronunciation Key - Show Spelled Pronunciation[nawr-muh
thinsp.png
l] Pronunciation Key - Show IPA Pronunciation –adjective 1.conforming to the standard or the common type; usual; not abnormal; regular; natural. 2.serving to establish a standard.
Surgically altering yourself to appear to the other sex is by no definition Normal.

Archangel M

Senior Master
Reaction score
Theres a difference in our society between "normal" and what some segments of society want us to treat as "normal".

BTW Tez how many times do we have to discuss the differences between what an American means when he says "Lib" and what a Brit means??? And I am treating them as I would want to be treated. Im just stating my opinion that they are abnormal. I love the way LIBS :) in this country seem to believe that if you dont say you absolutely love what people are doing than you are a hater.