Thinking about doing MA Full Time

Kempojujutsu

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
I keep saying it each year. I want to quit my job. I was just wondering for those who teach full time. What is your typical work schedule per day, how many classes do you teach in a day. Do you have any days off? etc.
Bob :asian:

kenposikh

Blue Belt
Reaction score
Originally posted by Kempojujutsu
I keep saying it each year. I want to quit my job. I was just wondering for those who teach full time. What is your typical work schedule per day, how many classes do you teach in a day. Do you have any days off? etc.
Bob :asian:

This is something I was hoping to do, however here in the UK it is not such a viable option at present, or at least I haven't found anyone who has managed to do it yet.

J

jujutsu1

If the skill is there anyone with an understanding of business and the $$$ to get started can make a living doing martial arts. It's all about good marketing and sales. Knowing the limits of your population base is also important. Everyone has their own idea of what making a good living means. I always taught the martial arts more for love than money. It not the easiest business but the rewards are great. Your personality has a great deal to do with your outcome. Getting started is the hard part. Plan on working long days. The 40 hrs a week is about right for administration of a good school and the class is overtime. KempoJ....You had a good instructor....learn from his mistakes....and you can do anything you want to do. It’s all in the delivery.

tshadowchaser

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
The larger the population of an area the easier it is to teach full time.
Teaching full time in a small community takes a good deal of money to live on till you get well established.

stickarts

Senior Master
MT Mentor
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I currently am running a school that has the resources where i could do it full time but it feels much safer to keep my full time job to pay my mortgage and do the school because i like it and its extra income.
It is key to build a strong team of people around you to help you and also to take some time to yourself each week to avoid burnout! You put a lot into it but you can't please everyone and there is always someone to critisize, but all in all it has been a fantastic experience and given the chance to do it over, i would do it again!.

Latest Discussions