The "Walking Stick" Method of Self Defense

MSTCNC

Brown Belt
Reaction score
OK... I didn't really see a proper forum to drop this one into... so, if the Admin sees a better spot than here... please move this thread! Thanks!

One of the Members over on FMA Forum posted this LINK to a website that is hosting a PDF file entitled...

The "Walking Stick" Method of Self Defense

An Officer in the Indian Police wrote the text in 1923...

I managed to stuff all 73-pages into a MASSIVE 30MB PDF file... so, if anyone wants a copy... shoot me an email through MT... Be sure to include a valid email (preferably Cable or DSL)...

Best Regards,

Andy

P.S. As this text is 83-years old... my assumption is that there are no worries of copyright infringement...

tradrockrat

2nd Black Belt
Reaction score
Holy crap....

I've been trained in this and never knew it was from India! I knew much of our wrestling came from India, but this training was called lightning rod and walking staff drills and I always assumed it came from Burma. There are a few differences in that we do occasionally (quite often actually) drop our hands below eye level, but wow... just wow.

Thank you so much for this link.

Mcura

Green Belt
Reaction score
Actually, if you read through that text, you'll learn that this particular stick method was exported to India. This is actually European in origin.

Latest Discussions