The Wal-Mart shoving incident: Who is lying?

Archangel M

Senior Master
Reaction score
I'm going to try to be as sensitive as possible here:

I have a pretty good guess as to what happened here. I've seen this a number of times.

I call it the "I did something wrong (or at least rude) so when someone says something I start yelling and screaming to make a big scene and make them back down" syndrome. I usually see it it shoplifting cases. The shoplifter is confronted and the offender makes a huge scene. Sometimes it makes store security back down so they can make good their escape and even if it doesn't they continue it with the police for the complaint/lawsuit that is sure to come. Most times they work out a nice little plea deal using the tirade as a smokescreen as was done here. I have no real problem with this particular plea except for the record expungement. That should stick IMO.

The key to identifying this "syndrome" is it's immediacy. Everybody can be "worked up" into anger. This is an instant reaction.

Now this is the dicey part.

I almost to a case see this "yelling fit" tactic employed by females. Predominately black females. Hardly ever see from anybody else, or from a male of any race. It's purely anecdotal but I have never seen it (personally) employed by any other group. I have no idea why.

Is responding to it with racial epithets right? Of course not.

Last edited:
OP
Grenadier

Grenadier

Sr. Grandmaster
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score

Latest Discussions