The Vacation Thread

Ramirez

Black Belt
Reaction score
The idea of this thread came up with Exile's posting about Vancouver....so post where you most memorable vacation was.

For me..The Algarve Portugal, went there for the honeymoon, incredible beaches (topless) , great seafood, friendly people, they all speak English, they are all friendly. It is probably cheaper than the rest of Europe with all the charm.

Trinidad and Tobago during Carnival...my family is from there so I went back in 2002 with my girlfriend...now wife. An incredible party, don't believe that Carnival originated in Rio, it originated in Port of Spain Trinidad.

Quebec City, a great city for old world charm, the food is fantastic, other than Cajun , I really cannot think of a distinctive cuisine other than French Canadian in North America.

stickarts

Senior Master
MT Mentor
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I have had a number of vacations and it's tough to pick one. There are different great things about each. But I will pick my trip to Spain when I was a kid. The people, places, and culture was pretty amazing, especially at my age at the time. I traveled in the areas of Madrid, Seville, Toledo, and Benidorm.

Makalakumu

Gonzo Karate Apocalypse
MT Mentor
Reaction score
My favorite vacation is a toss up. I like my annual fishing trip with the guys to the Boundary Waters Canoe Area Wilderness. This event takes me through some of the prettiest scenery on the planet. It also puts me in touch with some great fishing.

As far away places go, in 2007, my wife and I took a 17 day backpacking trip across New Zealand. My parents took the kids for us and we were free to do as we wished. It was truly wonderful. New Zealand takes the prize for Most Beautiful Country in the World, in my opinion.

Latest Discussions