MT Mentor
Reaction score
ha ha ha... That's really funny OMG.. I needed that laugh

Buka

Sr. Grandmaster
Staff member
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Made me google, it did, didn't know what a Palhares was.
Then...damn, I nearly peed myself. Oh, God, that might have been the best Master Ken yet.

Monkey Turned Wolf

MT Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
If you're actually in a fight with someone who trains I can see them letting up for a second out of habit. Heard a story a couple years back about a police officer who was so used to doing disarming a partner than giving them back the knife during practice that he did just that while he was actually working. No idea if it's true, but I wouldn't be surprised.

kuniggety

2nd Black Belt
Reaction score
Words of wisdom. I love Master Ken.

I know they're just doing a parody but it's hard for me to not critique the assistant doing the locks.

Paul_D

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
We had something simialr in class a few months back. Sensei asked the class what was the one move that would get them out of any situaiton. The idea being to get the message across to the beginners about tapping (so the senior students didn't answer) and one woman piped up "kick them in the balls". Needless to say we (jokingly) expressed horror at her answer and our reluctance to train with her. :)

drop bear

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
If you're actually in a fight with someone who trains I can see them letting up for a second out of habit. Heard a story a couple years back about a police officer who was so used to doing disarming a partner than giving them back the knife during practice that he did just that while he was actually working. No idea if it's true, but I wouldn't be surprised.

Dosent happen. Some times people tap. But you just laugh and keep cranking them

Skullpunch

Green Belt
Reaction score
Even though this is meant as a parody it's actually been employed in a real fight before. Kazushi Sakuraba got out of a guillotine against Royce Gracie this way. Matt Lindland did the same against Murilo Bustamante (although this one was more of a ref blunder), though in his case it only lead to him going down in history as the only guy ever to get tapped twice in the same UFC title fight when he got guillotined later in the fight lol

Langenschwert

Master Black Belt
Reaction score

I know a cop who did tap out against a perp's RNC and he let go out of reflex. Didn't end well for the perp.

The police officer who handed the weapon back is a true story, though I seem to recall it being a pistol. I suspect the incident is on liveleak or something.

JR 137

Grandmaster
Reaction score
How is it that Master Ken never gets old? Is it because there's just enough truth in his stuff that make his parody/satire/whatever you want to call it work? Then again, seeing people get hit in the nuts never gets old. It's probably a combination of the two, and then some.

He's got to make another season.

Buka

Sr. Grandmaster
Staff member
MT Mentor
Reaction score
I'd really like to hang out with Master Ken.