The 'truth' about Chinese Fast Food

E

Elfan

The funny thing is I was listening to cat stevens when I clicked on that link.

Rich Parsons

A Student of Martial Arts
Founding Member
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
He Said Dough Boy!
:rofl:

M

MountainSage

It's very obvious that somebody has far too much free time on their hands.

Mountian Sage

C

c2kenpo

Loved it!!
:roflmao:

However we actually had a chineese reaturant that was doing that same thing....

Good noodles...

:barf:

Dave GUnzburg

M

Ma_Kuiwu

I really dont think thats terribly funny.
Its not offensive to me, but I have to say that it perpetuates a stereotype that is less than flattering in this society.

It just reminds me of the disrespectful images portrayed by Ambercrombie and Fitch a year or so ago with their degrading images of asian people and the Buddhist faith.

People will now dislike me I am sure, but I dont eat any kind of meat period, so I wont be easy to slam wen I say, I cant see the difference in eating a cat, eating a dog, or eating a cow, or a pig.
They are all dead animals... why should it be weird or funny to eat one when it isnt to eat the other?

huh.:rolleyes:
Just not too funny.
sorry to be a downer...

Randy Strausbaugh

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
Doesn't matter - it's still funny! :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Trying to avoid life's potholes,
Randy Strausbaugh

OP
Bob Hubbard

Bob Hubbard

Retired
MT Mentor
Founding Member
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I found it funny because I tend to eat at chinese places several times a week.

Meat is meat, and as the old joke goes, it all tastes like chicken. :)

I meant no offence.

:asian:

Seig

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Mountaineer Martial Arts - Shepherdstown,WV
Originally posted by Ma_Kuiwu
I cant see the difference in eating a cat, eating a dog, or eating a cow, or a pig.
They are all dead animals... why should it be weird or funny to eat one when it isnt to eat the other?

huh.:rolleyes:
Just not too funny.
sorry to be a downer...
It's a matter of culture, or lack there of. Some people find punting chicahuahuas and poodles funny, others don't. I find the idea of eating a cat hilarious. I know someone who got mad at some people and actually fed them a cat. I found it to be extremely funny. Was the guy asian? No, good ole fashioned WV redneck. But at one time, a local chinese resteraunt was doing the same thing, did I find that funny? No. When it is intended to be funny, people can laugh. Remember, humor is the flip side of fear.

M

Ma_Kuiwu

"Bacteria, the only culture that some people will ever have."
While it may be a matter of culture the fact remains that there are a lot of second generation Asian Americans who are likely to find this to be disrespectful. It is just a terrible stereotype... just like all "Orientals" know "Karate". And thats all I wanted to point out.

again, I am not offended:rolleyes: I just dont think it is very funny. :rolleyes: It is poor taste. :rolleyes:

Frankly I just stated my feelings on thematter. Honestly--why do people find it necessary to explain themselves? If you find this kind of thing funny thats your issue, not mine. Who cares what I think? :shrug:

Seig

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Mountaineer Martial Arts - Shepherdstown,WV
Originally posted by Ma_Kuiwu
"Bacteria, the only culture that some people will ever have."
While it may be a matter of culture the fact remains that there are a lot of second generation Asian Americans who are likely to find this to be disrespectful. It is just a terrible stereotype... just like all "Orientals" know "Karate". And thats all I wanted to point out.

again, I am not offended:rolleyes: I just dont think it is very funny. :rolleyes: It is poor taste. :rolleyes:

Frankly I just stated my feelings on thematter. Honestly--why do people find it necessary to explain themselves? If you find this kind of thing funny thats your issue, not mine. Who cares what I think? :shrug:
I apologize, I didn't realize it was a rhetorical question.

M

Ma_Kuiwu

I certainly wont be winning many friends here will I? lol