The Super-Duper Big Toe Defense!

hkfuie

Purple Belt
Reaction score
And when doing the Super-Duper Big toe defense,remeber: don't muscle it. Use your TOE CHI!!!! :roflmao::roflmao:

arnisador

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I've seen George Dillman use this explanation at a seminar. Eh...I question it on several levels.

tellner

Senior Master
Reaction score
My only question is why any sane grownup still listens to his "no-touch knockout" claims without laughing out loud.

hkfuie

Purple Belt
Reaction score
What?

Huh?

Apparently, if one of my big toes is up and the other is down it's impossible to knock me out.

Anyone want to test this theory?

http://www.maniacworld.com/karate-no...nullified.html

Hey, Celtic Crippler, do you want to test this theory?

I would like to wager my toe chi against the no-touch knockout. Hey, if i get knocked out, I'll probably survive, and it's the only way I'll know for sure.

Now, I just need to find someone who can do the no-touch knockout. Anyone? We could videotape it and post it on Youtube!

hkfuie

Purple Belt
Reaction score
Hey, Celtic Crippler, do you want to test this theory?

I would like to wager my toe chi against the no-touch knockout. Hey, if i get knocked out, I'll probably survive, and it's the only way I'll know for sure.

Now, I just need to find someone who can do the no-touch knockout. Anyone? We could videotape it and post it on Youtube!

VideoTAPE! LOL! Showing my age. That makes me feel so OLD!

Do cameras still use tape? Instead of making me look old, now my ppost makes me look DUMB! I'd better shut down my computer now. LOL!

OK, back on topic.

Who knows the no-touch knockout and lives close to Kansas City?

arnisador

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
My only question is why any sane grownup still listens to his "no-touch knockout" claims without laughing out loud.

The belief in the "free lunch" is hard to shake. If you know the secret, you don't have to train hard and break a sweat!

punisher73

Senior Master
Reaction score
No touch KO's do exist...in the same fashion that stage hypnosis exists and works. If you take a person who is open to it and they believe in it, then it does work.

But, to take that a step further into the realm of the "Darth Vader Throat Crush" and "Chi Balls" (not to be confused the cheeze balls, which are quite good and tasty with crackers) is just dangerous. It should be taught in the context of what it is, stage hypnosis.

The other doubt I have is, almost all of you body's sensors for balance etc. are in your big toe. That seems counterintuitive to me to say that lifting one up is some type of mystical "force switch" that protects me.

Of course I could be wrong, maybe somewhere, someday I will learn that if you clench your buttcheeks, flex your bellybutton while lifting your pinky toe on a Tuesday morning, I can deflect his chi and KO him first!

OP
celtic_crippler

celtic_crippler

Senior Master
Reaction score
Was he talking about "no-touch" at that point in the clip? Hell, I thought he meant any kinda knock out! LOL

You can tell the difference between a "real" knockout and one that may be ....."influenced."

When somebody goes unconcious upon contact with say...a punch... they most often drop straight down in a heap. (It's a gravity thing.)

When they're not really going unconcious (as with a chi-blast or a "be-healed" by an evangelical) then the person falls back, and not down.

The reality of it or "OMG...he hit me!"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gEDaCIDvj6I&feature=related

tellner

Senior Master
Reaction score
c_c, the first time I heard the ******** "His toes must have been crossed" excuse was when the Grand Master of Dill-do got publicly embarrassed. A French scientist had volunteered to be no-touch knocked out. The attempt was a spectacular failure with the skinny physicist standing there with a gentle smile on his face. The invincible chi-whiz was going through all sorts of contortions looking increasingly stupid.

Not a good day for the fans.

DavidCC

Master of Arts
Reaction score
c_c, the first time I heard the ******** "His toes must have been crossed" excuse was when the Grand Master of Dill-do got publicly embarrassed. A French scientist had volunteered to be no-touch knocked out. The attempt was a spectacular failure with the skinny physicist standing there with a gentle smile on his face. The invincible chi-whiz was going through all sorts of contortions looking increasingly stupid.

Not a good day for the fans.

In that Nat. Geo show, that scientist did report feeling a tingling or buzzing sensation, but was not influenced to fall down.

DavidCC

Master of Arts
Reaction score
Was he talking about "no-touch" at that point in the clip? Hell, I thought he meant any kinda knock out! LOL

You can tell the difference between a "real" knockout and one that may be ....."influenced."

When somebody goes unconcious upon contact with say...a punch... they most often drop straight down in a heap. (It's a gravity thing.)

When they're not really going unconcious (as with a chi-blast or a "be-healed" by an evangelical) then the person falls back, and not down.

The reality of it or "OMG...he hit me!"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gEDaCIDvj6I&feature=related

When practicing kyusho, at least the way it is practiced by the folks at Kyusho International, tehy describe 3 level sof "knock out"

when practicing the goal is to use the lightest force that will cause a reaction. When applying, the plan is to use as much force as you have. A lot of people see the light contact PRACTICE and think that KI is teaching their people to use light touch in a fight.

Teh 3 elvel sof "KO" as described in KI practice are:
level 1 - a discernible body reaction such as a weakness in the knees or involuntary eye movements. Difficult to detect on a You Tube video, but obvious in person / on your partner.

level 2 - disorientation, loss of balance "physical/mental disassociation". Could result in falling, or stumbling; dazed, but not completely unconcious

level 3- brief or prolonged unconciousness

So what you are describing above, falling back, could in many cases be level 2. also, some level 3 KOs invovle an involuntary muscle reaction, specifically I am thinking of a stiffening of the legs, that could cause an unconcious person to fall backwards, especially if struck front-to-back. not all KOs invovle rag-doll go-limp reaction (see Rich Franklin vs Nate Quarry)

OP
celtic_crippler

celtic_crippler

Senior Master
Reaction score
When practicing kyusho, at least the way it is practiced by the folks at Kyusho International, tehy describe 3 level sof "knock out"

when practicing the goal is to use the lightest force that will cause a reaction. When applying, the plan is to use as much force as you have. A lot of people see the light contact PRACTICE and think that KI is teaching their people to use light touch in a fight.

level 1 - a discernible body reaction such as a weakness in the knees or involuntary eye movements. Difficult to detect on a You Tube video, but obvious in person / on your partner.

level 2 - disorientation, loss of balance "physical/mental disassociation". Could result in falling, or stumbling; dazed, but not completely unconcious

So what you are describing above, falling back, could in many cases be level 2. also, some level 3 KOs invovle an involuntary muscle reaction, specifically I am thinking of a stiffening of the legs, that could cause an unconcious person to fall backwards, especially if struck front-to-back. not all KOs invovle rag-doll go-limp reaction (see Rich Franklin vs Nate Quarry)

Did you read the "most often" part?

14 Kempo

Grandmaster
Reaction score
I've seen this before, but nevertheless, it's as funny or funnier every time ...

... oh wait, he wasn't trying to be funny. That is almost as funny as Jim Carrey's portrayal of the Karate Instructor on In Living Color.

thetruth

Black Belt
Reaction score

I know you say it's done light in practice and hard in application the problem is that a lot of the time the points when struck lightly are not struck in the same manner they are when you are punching someone at full speed and given perfect practice makes perfect well I think you are opening yourself up to danger. I have seen the drills that K.I. people practice and they are dangerous and not practical and certainly don't allow one to just up the force and turn into practical self defense. Also I have heard a number of high level Kyusho International instructors claim that tapping is more than just practice, that they apply it that way in the street. As for the toes(and don't forget the position of the tongue in the mouth)crap well believe that and you'll believe anything.

Cheers
Sam

DavidCC

Master of Arts
Reaction score
I know you say it's done light in practice and hard in application the problem is that a lot of the time the points when struck lightly are not struck in the same manner they are when you are punching someone at full speed and given perfect practice makes perfect well I think you are opening yourself up to danger. I have seen the drills that K.I. people practice and they are dangerous and not practical and certainly don't allow one to just up the force and turn into practical self defense. Also I have heard a number of high level Kyusho International instructors claim that tapping is more than just practice, that they apply it that way in the street. As for the toes(and don't forget the position of the tongue in the mouth)crap well believe that and you'll believe anything.

Cheers
Sam

I know you have some experience with KI but their practice and curriculuum has undergone extensive revision in the last 2 years. Your opinion of what they do grows more out-of-date every day.

I've never heard anyone with a brain in their head say that they will just be tapping points in the middle of a real altercation.

"the points when struck lightly are not struck in the same manner they are when you are punching someone at full speed" not sure what you mean... what 'manner' are you referring to?

"given perfect practice makes perfect well I think you are opening yourself up to danger" are you implying that you practrice full speed and power in your training? That is just as implausible as some of Dillman's BS.

"I have seen the drills that K.I. people practice and they are dangerous and not practical and certainly don't allow one to just up the force and turn into practical self defense." We train the kyusho points within the context of our kempo techniques. My friend Gary trains them within the context of his aikido techniques. My friend Jason trains them within the context of his shotokan techniques. My friend Chad trains them within the context of his systema practice... Drills are drills. Drills build attributes and skills in isolation but would not make sense if used as-is when attacked. Are there drills that you train that would not be practical in a fight? What style do you train?

I practice qigong a little and even I know that the position of the tongue and the tension created or released in the muscles inside the torso is important. Perhaps you reject qigong and also internal styles of CMA but there are many who do not, and for those that do train these styles, the position of the tongue is relevant.

Nolerama

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
So... It's okay to get into a sloppy fight, get beat up, and justify it with "They weren't 'Believers' in my system so that's why I lost."??

Tongue in the wrong place? Toes alternating on the ground?

How about my fingernails being clipped too short? Does that affect the chances of me being the victim of a No-Touch KO?

I don't believe it works. And if I did, I'd still question the percentage of such a technique's accuracy/effectiveness.

Toes... I had a roommate who COULD knock someone out by taking off his socks... But that's another art: Athlete's Foot-kun-do.

Latest Discussions