The night before a tournament

ktl2003

White Belt
Reaction score
what would you suggest to do to prepare the night before a tournament?

terryl965

<center><font size="2"><B>Martial Talk Ultimate<BR
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
First thing first welcome to Martial talk and now back to your question, get plenty of rest and eat healthy. Make sure you are properly stretched out before starting the event. Best of luck to you.

dleeret

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
I agree that you need plenty of rest. I usually have a big pasta dinner. Then on tournament day I eat light - usually some fruit and maybe a cliff bar. You will need the carbs!

granfire

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
Relax....

(In reality it's something like staying up late ironing and starching Uniforms...fixing lunches and stuff, before getting up REALLY early! ;) )

bring plenty of water along, gatorate, and snacks

cy1982

White Belt
Reaction score
milk, banana or other fruits in the morning, than a small piece of chocolate 30min before any competing keeps me top notch. Also avoid heavy food if you like to stay on the edge of weight in. ;)

Laurentkd

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
I agree with a pasta dinner the night before- very little if any meat. On a side note, start drinking lots of water several days before the event (waiting until the night before or the day of won't do you much good). On the night before, don't work out. And when you go to bed just visualize yourself doing awesome- every movement is perfect, you defeat anyone you fight with no trouble at all, and you are standing on the podium with a gold medal around your neck!
good luck!!

Kacey

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
RELAX! Training the night before will just make you tired, and it's too late to try and change anything anyway. Watch some TV, read a book, eat a good meal, and go to bed early.

Latest Discussions