The holidays!

bluemtn

Senior Master
Reaction score
Ok, it's that time of year where we break out the turkey, Christmas deco, candle thingy (I admit- I can't spell it), dradles, rush out to buy bus loads of gifts, etc. etc...

We all have stories, whether or not you celebrate the holidays. So spill the beans!!! What is the most unusual, funny, irritating, or heart warming experiences that stick out the most to you? Personally, I have a little bit of everything that happened last year. My nieces came back to the safety of my family, grandmother got hospitalized, dealing with irate customers because the store didn't stay open, watching my dog (who strangely enough knows exactly what present is hers- no treat stashed in either) tear hers open, and turns to help us open our gifts. We can't let my dog know that we bought her anything, we can't even bring it down wrapped and place it under the tree. She'll leave the other gifts alone, though. HKF knows- he's seen it first hand.

Navarre

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
I really don't have any great stories, sorry. The only thing that comes to mind is Thanksgiving 4 yrs ago. My wife and I left home and drove 5 hrs to her parents.

We came back 3 days later and I realized I'd accidently locked the cat in our closet. She was fine but cranky. She had shown her disapproval by tearing my new winter coat off of the hanger and using it for her litter box. ... Now I never leave the house without checking on the cat first.

hong kong fooey

Black Belt
Reaction score
Well now lets see what can I say about the holidays with my family. weel my fammily is kinda crazy every christmas eve we all get together and give out gifts. well my Uncle likes to play jokes on people so about 2 years ago my mom opens her gift and he had bought her a gift that I am not going to mention! you can imange the look on her face when my nephew open his gift and found a bunch of magizines! yea thats my typical Christmas eve.

arnisador

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
We used to live near my wife's sister and her husband--both vegetarians. I always insisted that we have turkey. They ate tofu.

Latest Discussions