The Electric Car

Kwiter

Green Belt
Reaction score
I want a HUMAN powered Car! I only have a short commute and use the train now as it's a 15 minute train ride or 15 minute car ride. A Human powered car would keep me out of the cold a bicycle won't plus I'm a chicken I want something around me other than air if I get bumped by another commuter ;-)

Have to be enclosed to keep the weather out, that'd raise the weight BUT I've STRONG legs and can pump the extra weight I think. Single occupancy for me ;-) Hopefully 100 pounds or less so I can bring thru the house to the yard when I get home ;-)

I find the Prius and their ilk a JOKE nice idea but should be getting much better than 50 MPG

Skennen Peace

elder999

El Oso de Dios!
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
I want a HUMAN powered Car! I only have a short commute and use the train now as it's a 15 minute train ride or 15 minute car ride. A Human powered car would keep me out of the cold a bicycle won't plus I'm a chicken I want something around me other than air if I get bumped by another commuter ;-)

Have to be enclosed to keep the weather out, that'd raise the weight BUT I've STRONG legs and can pump the extra weight I think. Single occupancy for me ;-) Hopefully 100 pounds or less so I can bring thru the house to the yard when I get home ;-)

I find the Prius and their ilk a JOKE nice idea but should be getting much better than 50 MPG

Skennen Peace

Well, you could get this
beauty from Hammacher and Sclammer for a mere $13,000.

or the Rhoades Car , "Cadillac" of human powered cars....[/font]

or build one yourself , with the help of the International Human powered Vehicle Association.

Of course, in the city and all, it's likely that you'd get carjacked, er, bike-jacked within a month anyway.....

Kwiter

Green Belt
Reaction score
Nia:wen Thanks for the
links.

Bike jacking, possibly tho I ride with Mr. Browning ;-)

OP
Rich Parsons

Rich Parsons

A Student of Martial Arts
Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score

rutherford

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
Fully electric car. You just go in and swipe your credit car.

It recognizes you and adjust the interior, down to the radio station and your preferred color for the car.

They are freely available in docking stations. Just come and take one, leave it at any docking station. In order to gain space they stack, as you can see on the photo, they just fold neatly against each other.

When folded, they can store excess electricity from the city's grid; if the grid starts approaching saturation, they are programmed to sell back the electricity they have stored to make a profit.

Attachments

• $mitconceptcar.jpg
    $mitconceptcar.jpg
    25.9 KB · Views: 84
OP
Rich Parsons

Rich Parsons

A Student of Martial Arts
Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
From Link: http://www.popularmechanics.com/automotive/new_cars/4237853.html?series=19

Aptera's Super-MPG Electric Typ-1 e: Exclusive Video Test Drive

PM hits the streets and gets looked at more than ever before, then heads to the shop for first-look details on a futuristic car so efficient it’ll make your jaw drop. The good news? It’s coming next year.

My question is how are they calculating the 300 mpg number. If it is a fully charged battery and it plugs into the wall and one can use the electricty form their house to recharge the battery then is the number as valid as the hybrids of today that have to be within 1% of State of Charge from starting the test and it has to have a nominal battery for the offical test as well.