The Complete Package

R

RHD

Fumanchu said:
The 12 points were found online.

RHD "The hardest people to fight are the one's who won't commit." from what you said it would suggest that a title fight is easier than a friendly game of tag between friends.

:rolleyes:

Online eh...Is this where the rest of your mantis comes from?

As to your comment directed to me:

My friend you have much to learn about fighting. If you think a ring sport like boxing is representative of an actual fight, you are sadly misinformed. I have seen highly trained kickboxers go at it outside the building after the event was over...They fought NOTHING like what they did in the ring. No rules, no gloves, like two pitbulls going at eachother with full commitment and no tag, no jabs, no bouncy footwork. Only all out grab-shove-n'-slug. Got any police friends? Ask them if you do.

Mike

F

Fumanchu

RHD:

"They fought NOTHING like what they did in the ring. No rules, no gloves, like two pitbulls going at eachother with full commitment and no tag, no jabs, no bouncy footwork. Only all out grab-shove-n'-slug."

From your earlier comments, you're saying that its easier to fight this fight than against someone who doesn't commit.

OP
7starmantis

7starmantis

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Fumanchu, why would you just go find some random list of principles and post them as if they were yours? May I ask where you got that list from? What website?

7sm

R

RHD

Fumanchu said:
RHD:

"They fought NOTHING like what they did in the ring. No rules, no gloves, like two pitbulls going at eachother with full commitment and no tag, no jabs, no bouncy footwork. Only all out grab-shove-n'-slug."

From your earlier comments, you're saying that its easier to fight this fight than against someone who doesn't commit.

It is. This is what CMA train for. That's exactly what I mean.

Mike

F

Fumanchu

RHD: Certain systems of CMA are designed for street fights. Can you explain how it can be the case that it gets easier the more your opponent is intent on harming you?

Assuming you have two CMA fighters going at each other on the streets with full commitment, then both of them would have a better chance of defending themsleves and both of them would get less hurt then if they were just doing friendly sparring - this follows on from what you say. However, I must admit this outcome is hard to believe.

You may be confusing with a ring match versus a street fight. I agree CMA is not designed for a ring match. In a ring match the contestents are still going at full intent within the boundries of what the rules permit. Is this more in line to what you're trying to say?

7starmantis: The principals I'd found seem to make sense. I do mantis as opposed to reading about it and writing down theory.

OP
7starmantis

7starmantis

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Fumanchu, your still not getting it. Kung fu is simply not about chance and percentages! I dont know why I expected an answer to my question either, nice avoid by the way!

Anyone smell that? Smells like a troll.

7sm

F

Fumanchu

7starmantis,

If fighting is not about chances and percentages, then you would be saying that you have an absolute ability in defending yourself.

Ok taking your line of thought another step. 2 ppl who do kung fu face off in a fight. Does it mean that in every instance no one will be able to land a blow because defences are 100% successful and paradoxically every blow will land because there will be no misses?

Before you start asking more questions you should examine what you say.

OP
7starmantis

7starmantis

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Fumanchu said:
7starmantis,

If fighting is not about chances and percentages, then you would be saying that you have an absolute ability in defending yourself.

Ok taking your line of thought another step. 2 ppl who do kung fu face off in a fight. Does it mean that in every instance no one will be able to land a blow because defences are 100% successful and paradoxically every blow will land because there will be no misses?

Before you start asking more questions you should examine what you say.
:rofl: Wait, this is too great! Dont start getting angry man, its just that you refuse to answer questions, make huge assumptions, and throw in big words to make you sound correct. LOL, I wont be asking more questions, because the ones I've asked aren't even getting answered.

Man, your completely missing everything I say. There is absolutely no connection between what I said, and what you just said! Kung Fu is simply not about chances and percentages. To say that only makes it ok to not train as hard as others. I can't even begin to make you understand what I'm saying, or what kung fu is. I've tried this entire thread. Chance is lessened by skill, percentage by experience.

Thats all I got :idunno:

7sm

F

Fumanchu

"Chance is lessened by skill, percentage by experience"

So it is about chances and percentages given that you think that kung fu is about skill and experience.

F

Fumanchu

It should actually be relative skill and experience as opposed to absolute skill & experience.

Latest Discussions