That ninja guy Glen Levy on Nat Geo's Fight Science?

SFC JeffJ

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Where did he get his "international recognition"? Not that he couldn't be well known and me not know about it. I'm just curious to know who's recognized him.

And would it be possible to see his credits as a choreographer?

Jeff

Flying Crane

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
I agree. I always wonder about the claims I see on websites that an individual is internationally recognized as one of the world's top teachers and martial artists, when I have never heard of them before. Not that I would know everyone, but I do read a lot and look around, and I would think I might have heard about him prior to this...

Brian R. VanCise

MT Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
The old joke my friends and I have always said is to be internationally recognized or world famous all one needs to do is take out an ad in a martial arts magazine, or pay for a sokey dokey sokeship certificate, or have someone that knows nothing like a producer think that you know something and put you on a show like this. Hyojutsu. Interesting.
Nothing wrong with him creating a system or teaching it but to go around and claim it is ninjutsu and use wrong terminology like Dim Mak. (which is chinese) This is just simply to much.

Brian R. VanCise
www.instinctiveresponsetraining.com

Bigshadow

Senior Master
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Brian R. VanCise said:
The old joke my friends and I have always said is to be internationally recognized or world famous all one needs to do is take out an ad in a martial arts magazine, or pay for a sokey dokey sokeship certificate, or have someone that knows nothing like a producer think that you know something and put you on a show like this. Hyojutsu. Interesting.
Nothing wrong with him creating a system or teaching it but to go around and claim it is ninjutsu and use wrong terminology like Dim Mak. (which is chinese) This is just simply to much.

Brian R. VanCise
www.instinctiveresponsetraining.com

I agree 100%.

Bigshadow

Senior Master
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
JeffJ said:
Where did he get his "international recognition"? Not that he couldn't be well known and me not know about it. I'm just curious to know who's recognized him.

And would it be possible to see his credits as a choreographer?

Jeff
I would like to know these things as well. More importantly, I would like to know where he learned Ninjutsu from. So far that information is lacking from everything that I have read about him.

Bigshadow

Senior Master
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Brian R. VanCise said:
Yes, if he had a link to Soke in Japan I imagine that would come up somewhere on his website. However, judging by what he did on the show I am betting that he has never trained in authentic ninjutsu.
Yes, IMO, it looked alot like Tew Ryu to me (based on some of the videos I have seen floating around). I know, I said it. But I know people were thinking it. ;)

SFC JeffJ

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Very interesting that no mention of his training is on the site as well.

Jeff

Kreth

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Glen continues to work as an instructor and fight choreographer while traveling the globe performing intensive and entertaining seminars that usually lead to much laughter through Glen´s teaching style.
I bet they do lead to much laughter... :rolleyes:

Bigshadow

Senior Master
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
JeffJ said:
http://martialtalk.com/forum/showthread.php?p=588088#post588088

He's talked about this before. And didn't seem to come back around to answer questions then either.

I totally forgot about that thread. I read what he had to say about Mr. Levy. Although, I am sure Mr. Levy is a nice fellow, I am curious as to where he learned Ninjutsu.

The use of the name Togakure Ryu, reminds me of another website I saw today that had a fellow with the last name of Law. He has pictures of himself with various people including Hatsumi Soke. He specifically states Togakure Ryu throughout his website. I wonder if there is a connection here. Anyway, I didn't see anything familiar with what Mr. Levy did.

Kreth

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Bigshadow said:
The use of the name Togakure Ryu, reminds me of another website I saw today that had a fellow with the last name of Law.
Heh, Robert Law, aka Ron Jeremy's uglier brother. :p

Gong_fu_mayhem

White Belt
Reaction score
I totally forgot about that thread. I read what he had to say about Mr. Levy. Although, I am sure Mr. Levy is a nice fellow, I am curious as to where he learned Ninjutsu.

The use of the name Togakure Ryu, reminds me of another website I saw today that had a fellow with the last name of Law. He has pictures of himself with various people including Hatsumi Soke. He specifically states Togakure Ryu throughout his website. I wonder if there is a connection here. Anyway, I didn't see anything familiar with what Mr. Levy did.

I rewound his part a couple times and I saw him use what looked like wind over and over again. Its the stuff I learned in my first six months in bujinkan. IMO he must have taken something from Hatsume's stuff.

Bigshadow

Senior Master
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I rewound his part a couple times and I saw him use what looked like wind over and over again. Its the stuff I learned in my first six months in bujinkan. IMO he must have taken something from Hatsume's stuff.

It might have looked like wind (whatever that is) and I suppose it is possible to have smelled of it too :p, but it didn't look like Bujinkan Budo Taijutsu to me at all.

Carol

Crazy like a...
MT Mentor
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
It might have looked like wind (whatever that is) and I suppose it is possible to have smelled of it too :p, but it didn't look like Bujinkan Budo Taijutsu to me at all.

:roflmao:

Latest Discussions