Thank You for your support of the Bob White Invitational

vishalshukla

Orange Belt
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
This weekends Bob White Invitational was a great success. The event went better than anybody could possibly hope for. It was truly heartwarming to see so many great martial artists come together for such a worthy cause. Mr. White said that he could not remember a time since Mr. Parkers death that so many top Kenpoists had been together.

To give you an idea of the magnitude of this, here is a partial list of who was there to support the BWI this weekend:

Ron Chapel, Dennis Conatser, Steve LaBounty, Jack Autry, Tom Bleecker, Shelene Hearring, Dan Laxson, Bob Mitchell, John Sepulveda, Willy Steele, Brian Strain, Frank Trejo, Gilbert Velez, Bob White, Paul Dye, Dave Brock, Mark Lennon, Joaquin Sahugan, Ron Sanchez, Ted Sumner, Bob Leonard, Ed Downey, Sergio Correa, Jeff Speakman, Bryan Hawkins, David Hays, Mike Roberts, Todd McElhinney, Jose Pacheco, Bob Harris, Dave Thompson, Angelo Collado, Antoine Alferos, Ed Parker Jr., Rich Hale, Mohammad Tabatabi, Ryan Huntley, Mike Pombeiro, Manny Martinez, Jamie Matthews, Jim McClure, Colin Van Duesen, Eric Lee, Bobby Lawrence, Jeff Newton, Pat Salantri, Maurice Gomez, Larry Kongaika, Dwayne McGee, Clarence McGee, Wes Idol, David Arnold, Erik Akutagawa, and many many more.

The action was fast and furious and the energy was contagious. It was a fun time for all.

That being said, we never forgot the goal of the event. We were all there to help raise funds for the Royal Family Kids Camp (http://www.rfkc.org).

Last night Bob Whites Karate Studio, in partnership with our volunteers, competitors, donors and friends, was honored to present a check to the Royal Family Kids Camp for $75,000. (Yes, you read that right. I said $75,000!) In these difficult economic times people from around the world reached into their pockets to help the kids who cant help themselves.

1236103903.JPG

Two questions are often asked on Kenpo forums. On behalf of the BWI team, here are our answers:

1. What have you done for Kenpo lately?
I was a small part of a big team that used our common passion for Kenpo to raise funds that will be bused to change the lives of hundreds of abused and abandoned children around the world.

2. What did you learn?
I learned that there is no more rewarding feeling than doing something you love, with people you respect, to help people who cant help themselves.

Thanks to all who participated in any way (I know my friend Mr. Camman has a few names he wants to point out). Together we did something very special.

See you next year!

Respectfully yours,
Vishal Shukla
A proud member of Bob Whites Karate Studio

Bob White

Green Belt
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
Thanks Vishal. It was truly a great weekend. This evening we are going to the RFKC Annual Dinner in Irvine, Ca. There will be hundreds of people there from all over the world. They are in the middle of a training session to prepare people to open their own camps. Last year there were people from South Africa that had just started their first camp. Currently there are over 165 camps throughout the world, our tournament help 2 of them, Newport/Mesa and a camp in Chile. One of the major obstacles in throwing a camp is fund raising. Here in the U.S. it costs about $500 for 1 child to attend. What does this have to do with kenpo? What can we do to use our passion for this wonderful art to help abused children? Seminars? Tournaments? Whatever the activity to raise funds, the children win, and the kenpo community grows closer with this common quest for good.
Sincerely,
Bob White

Latest Discussions