Thailand bans Buddha tattoos

fangjian

Black Belt
Reaction score
People who are offended by something like that, need to grow up. I can't imagine being offended and trying to get the government to crackdown on tattoo shops if someone came here and got a tattoo of something. Seems odd.

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
Their country their rules, don't like it don't go

We also need to be culturally sensitive from time to time too. It is a Buddhist nation (BIGTIME) if they are offended, as a people, why do you feel it is ok to go there and offend them. Just because we may have certain right in our country does not mean we have the right to go to another and practice those rights…

granfire

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
People who are offended by something like that, need to grow up. I can't imagine being offended and trying to get the government to crackdown on tattoo shops if someone came here and got a tattoo of something. Seems odd.

Well, considering that in some states in the US tattoos themselves were illegal...

They are offended by Westeners getting Buddha tats, but child prostitution is a ok?

Well, getting tattoos seems to be somewhat of a religious experience for some.

I suppose it's like getting those facial tats when you are not a Maori...

But seriously, it blows my mind when people assume that because you are not of their culture/faith/ethnic background, you can't possibly derive spiritual simulation.

But in the end, it's their country, their rules.

fangjian

Black Belt
Reaction score
Their country their rules, don't like it don't go

We also need to be culturally sensitive from time to time too. It is a Buddhist nation (BIGTIME) if they are offended, as a people, why do you feel it is ok to go there and offend them. Just because we may have certain right in our country does not mean we have the right to go to another and practice those rights…

It's not illegal to get a tattoo of a Buddha figure in Thailand, right? There are just people that are lobbying to make it 'illegal', (unless I misunderstood it) and I'm just simply making fun of the idea of 'making it illegal'. That's all. I also laugh at things some people in the USA do too.

Sensei Payne

Black Belt
Reaction score
As long as its done in a tasteful and respectful manner...I don't see the problem with having a tattoo of a religious figure.

It is kind of ridiculous.

Latest Discussions