Never thought I'd see this in Massachusetts...

Carol

Crazy like a...
MT Mentor
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
4 dead, 33 injured. Caution, some of the videos have some expletives.

[yt]s5fX072sQH8[/yt]

[yt]uFlDUghrT0Q[/yt]

[yt]AdqUyHzWfp8[/yt]

[yt]BPFFa0IgOhc[/yt]

The town of Monson has taken some of the worst damage
481504.jpg

Church from 1755:

Last edited:

Sukerkin

Have the courage to speak softly
MT Mentor
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Nasty :(. When the unexpected strikes, it is often only blind luck that determines the outcome.

tshadowchaser

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I remember one coming through Petersam when I was about 10 but thats the last one I recall in this area.
The sky looked scary most of the day but the we where lucky in my area of the state to only get rain and some winds.
It did miss the basketball hall of fame but not by much

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
What happened in Springfield was horrible but I do not know why you never thought I'd see this in Massachusetts...

They have had tornados in Massachusetts before, they are just not common. They get them in Western Mass more that Eastern and a rather bad one went through central in 1953 right about where Westborough High School sits today actually and it took off part of a friend of mines house back in 1953 it was an F4-F5 Tornado. He was not there then but the foundation is stil there from where that part of the house use to be

There have also been tornados in Massachusetts 1680 (the first confirmed) and the other in 1787, 1851, 1890, 1984, 1995 and 1998

granfire

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
What happened in Springfield was horrible but I do not know why you never thought I'd see this in Massachusetts...

They have had tornados in Massachusetts before, they are just not common. They get them in Western Mass more that Eastern and a rather bad one went through central in 1953 right about where Westborough High School sits today actually and it took off part of a friend of mines house back in 1953 it was an F4-F5 Tornado. He was not there then but the foundation is stil there from where that part of the house use to be

There have also been tornados in Massachusetts 1680 (the first confirmed) and the other in 1787, 1851, 1890, 1984, 1995 and 1998

But it's still a far cry from having a handful every year....

fangjian

Black Belt
Reaction score
Yeah that was awful. Where I am in CT, it hailed pretty hard for about 15 mins. I spotted a couple golfball size ones too.

OP
Carol

Carol

Crazy like a...
MT Mentor
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Yeah that was awful. Where I am in CT, it hailed pretty hard for about 15 mins. I spotted a couple golfball size ones too.

Was worried about you! You were closer than I was. Glad all is OK :asian:

OP
Carol

Carol

Crazy like a...
MT Mentor
MTS Alumni
Reaction score

Never expected to see that level of damage. I remember news of minor tornados hitting, but not leveling-houses-to-the-ground-and-ripping-the-roofs-off-schools tornados. I thought that only happened in other places ;)

OP
Carol

Carol

Crazy like a...
MT Mentor
MTS Alumni
Reaction score

Sensei Payne

Black Belt
Reaction score
BTW i work for a cable company...and we have services up there.

Mass has declared a state of Emergency and has called in the National Guard.

OP
Carol

Carol

Crazy like a...
MT Mentor
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
BTW i work for a cable company...and we have services up there.

Mass has declared a state of Emergency and has called in the National Guard.

I remember. I'm a VoIP engineer that, up until recently, worked for one of your equipment vendors. :)

Thanks for the prayers, they are appreciated. I'm going to see if I can volunteer to help someplace over the weekend.

Latest Discussions