Ten thousand hours until mastery

The 10000 hour rule has real science behind it. Even Motzart who was a genius writing music at 7 and 8 none of it is considered anmaster piece. Only his adult works have master pieces n them well after he had 10000 hours of focused practice. So the secret to mastery is a great deal of focused practice and 10000 hours s what science has observed as necessary for mastery. After 10000 hours are you no longer able to learn or improve...well for myself at least that is a silly thought... But I am no master. Shihan however, is clearly a master and never stops seeking to learn and improve. A good match for me since I will forever be a student... Regardless of the hours I spend. I do it because I love kempo, I owe it to my students, my teacher tells me to, I love to grow and get better, and nothng else makes sense to me. So, 10000 hours of focused correct practice and then keep practicing , the journey does not end
respectfully,
Marlon

Like Haze, I am still practicing - even after 22 years - and my goal is to continue practicing for the rest of my life. There is always something new to learn, something to improve, something to work on - perfection is a goal, not a destination, and can never be reached. It's a Zen concept in many ways: Before enlightenment: Chop wood, carry water. After enlightenment: chop wood, carry water. There is no end - and the few masters I've met are more devoted to learning more and improving more than any other students I know.

Back