Ted Kennedy on no-fly list?

sgtmac_46

Senior Master
Reaction score
This is a little old, but I just came across it. Apparently Ted Kennedy was placed on the no fly list by mistake last year.

http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2004/04/06/terror/main610466.shtml

The Bush administration apologized for the mix-up.

No explaination was given as to how Kennedy's name ended up on the list, but rumor has it that Ted Kennedy's name was meant to be placed on a 'Do Not Accept a Ride From.....' list given to congressional interns and secretaries, and somehow ended up on the 'No Fly List' by mistake.

Jonathan Randall

Senior Master
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
sgtmac_46 said:
This is a little old, but I just came across it. Apparently Ted Kennedy was placed on the no fly list by mistake last year.

http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2004/04/06/terror/main610466.shtml

The Bush administration apologized for the mix-up.

No explaination was given as to how Kennedy's name ended up on the list, but rumor has it that Ted Kennedy's name was meant to be placed on a 'Do Not Accept a Ride From.....' list given to congressional interns and secretaries, and somehow ended up on the 'No Fly List' by mistake.

I cannot help thinking of Chappaquidik whenever I hear his name. Although I agree with him on a number of issues, I do believe that he was directly responsible for the death of that young woman and were he not a member of powerful political family, would be a convicted felon today.

OP
sgtmac_46

sgtmac_46

Senior Master
Reaction score
Jonathan Randall said:
I cannot help thinking of Chappaquidik whenever I hear his name. Although I agree with him on a number of issues, I do believe that he was directly responsible for the death of that young woman and were he not a member of powerful political family, would be a convicted felon today.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ted_Kennedy

There's a version of the events in this wikipedia article that show that Ted's actions in that case were more despicable than I had at first known. If he hadn't been a Kennedy, he'd have gone to Prison. That's why it always makes me laugh when Ted talks about the 'common man' and how the priveleged in this country shouldn't get a free pass. Ya think Ted?

Rich Parsons

A Student of Martial Arts
Founding Member
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
arnisador said:
Try getting an apology in a simialr case if you're not a senator...

Very True!

There were people who were traveling under false ID's. Imagine that. One of them was using Ted Kennedy, others were other members known in the Government and known celebs.

Ping898

Senior Master
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
Personally I think the no-Fly list is the biggest joke out there next to the TSA agents who screen you. I honestly don't think it has made a difference between 9/11 and now.
The frustrating part of being on the no fly list is even if you are on it by mistake it is like impossible to get your name off it and if you have a common name you can be seriously screwed. The only thing that I think helps my uncle is the fact that he is a blind priest. His name is on the no fly list, not him, our best guess is it the name of some IRA operative, but good luck ever figuring out which one and keeping him out of the air....

OP
sgtmac_46

sgtmac_46

Senior Master
Reaction score
Oh, I disagree with the no-fly lists as well. I just thought it was ironic to have Ted Kennedy on a list of dangerous people. He's not dangerous unless he's in Congress......or driving.

Latest Discussions