Kook fringe rears it's head again

sgtmac_46

Senior Master
Reaction score
http://www.worldcantwait.net/

Apparently, the group calling themselves 'World Can't Wait' is calling on people to drown out President Bush's state of the union address. They even bought an advertisement in the New York Times.

What they don't advertise is that they're merely a front group for the Revolutionary Communist Party (RCP), under a new name. Like most communist groups, they've felt they need to hide their identity in an effort to gain credibility. If no one remembers the RCP, they certainly remember a past RCP group, 'Not in Our Name'.

Apparently there is some conflict among anti-war movements. An attached article is critical of the RCP and it's strategies. Perhaps they understand that these types of media stunts are counter-productive

http://www.infoshop.org/inews/article.php?story=20051203143218921

This group really makes me smile. They'll never realize they are their own worst enemies. When you use cop killers (Mumia abu-Jamal) and political thugs who liked to destroy property (Act Up) as evidence of your legtimacy, this can't fail but to hurt anyone politically associated with it.

I bet Hillary Clinton wishes these morons would shut up so they don't act like an albatros around her and the democratic parties neck. Every time these morons speak, Bush's approval ratings goes UP. Why? Because America doesn't like these folks thinking they are stupid enough to buy this their line of BS.

Statements like: "But we speak for the majority, here and around the world, and as we get this going we are going to reach out to the people who have been so badly fooled by Bush and we are NOT going to stop." Most Americans want nothing to do with these people an their ilk. And, while the average person might disagree on various policies of the Bush administration, the idea that these people speak think they speak for them, the average American finds, quite frankly, ludicrous.

I say to these folks, bravo. Keep up the good work. I actually even considered sending them a donation.

On an associated note, when is Mumia scheduled to meet up with Tookie? I'm sure wherever Tookie is, he's saving a seat for him.

Latest Discussions