Teaching the Martial Arts

Azulx

Black Belt
Reaction score
Hey everyone!

Hope all is going well. If you are on the east coast today, stay inside! Other than that I have an odd question/ request.

I would like to give out a few free copies of the ebook I just published. No strings or information needed, just message me and I will send you the kindle file. Here is the catch, I would like you to write a honest (hopefully awesome!) review for me!

It has proven kind of difficult to get experienced martial artists to review it. My friends and family have done ok, but I need some experienced eyes on it.

This book is essentially a beginners guide to creating small martial arts clubs that have scaling potential. It is only 60ish pages. I touch how to get students, how to keep students, and where to teach them. among many other things. You can check it out at the link here, or message me and I will send you the free copy.

http://amzn.to/1SE6uS2

www.northernshotokan.com

I wasn't 100% sure where to put this, and I figured since it is free I was ok. I legitimately need some reviews on this book!

Thanks,
Bryce

edit: Forgot to mention, you can also rent it for free if you have Kindle Unlimited. Let me know if you reviewed and what you thought!

Good Evening Bryce,

I do not have kindle unlimited, and I would like to read your book. I read the free sample that was on amazon, and really enjoyed what I read. Is there any other way you can send it to me, without me having to purchase it?

Gerry Seymour

MT Moderator
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hey everyone!

Hope all is going well. If you are on the east coast today, stay inside! Other than that I have an odd question/ request.

I would like to give out a few free copies of the ebook I just published. No strings or information needed, just message me and I will send you the kindle file. Here is the catch, I would like you to write a honest (hopefully awesome!) review for me!

It has proven kind of difficult to get experienced martial artists to review it. My friends and family have done ok, but I need some experienced eyes on it.

This book is essentially a beginners guide to creating small martial arts clubs that have scaling potential. It is only 60ish pages. I touch how to get students, how to keep students, and where to teach them. among many other things. You can check it out at the link here, or message me and I will send you the free copy.

http://amzn.to/1SE6uS2

www.northernshotokan.com

I wasn't 100% sure where to put this, and I figured since it is free I was ok. I legitimately need some reviews on this book!

Thanks,
Bryce

edit: Forgot to mention, you can also rent it for free if you have Kindle Unlimited. Let me know if you reviewed and what you thought!
Just an early response from a quick first reading, that might help others "get" the book. It is mostly centered around the start-up phase and how to make long-term students out of that start. This isn't a hig-income model, but a great start or a model for part-timers and sideliners (like me).

Bryce, if I've mis-characterized e content, please correct me. I read it on a couple of flights between falling asleep, so I'm certain to have missed some key points in the first read-through.

I will agree with those who suggest you could improve he marketing. My advice (as someone who coaches start-ups in other industries) would be to narrow the audience. I thought it was well-suited (as I said) for hose needing a smaller model. I'd love to make a bit of cash with my sideline martial arts, and I think some of what I needed was in your book.

I'll get you the review after my second read-through.

OP
B

BryceSPQR

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
Just an early response from a quick first reading, that might help others "get" the book. It is mostly centered around the start-up phase and how to make long-term students out of that start. This isn't a hig-income model, but a great start or a model for part-timers and sideliners (like me).

Bryce, if I've mis-characterized e content, please correct me. I read it on a couple of flights between falling asleep, so I'm certain to have missed some key points in the first read-through.

I will agree with those who suggest you could improve he marketing. My advice (as someone who coaches start-ups in other industries) would be to narrow the audience. I thought it was well-suited (as I said) for hose needing a smaller model. I'd love to make a bit of cash with my sideline martial arts, and I think some of what I needed was in your book.

I'll get you the review after my second read-through.

I think you are spot on. Honestly, my intention was to focus on the community aspect building that makes martial art clubs great. From what I am gathering a different title might be a good idea. I will start drafting some up.

On a side note, I appreciate the genuine look at the book. Thanks a ton!

Gerry Seymour

MT Moderator
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think you are spot on. Honestly, my intention was to focus on the community aspect building that makes martial art clubs great. From what I am gathering a different title might be a good idea. I will start drafting some up.

On a side note, I appreciate the genuine look at the book. Thanks a ton!
You are most welcome - I'm always looking to help others out. I've helped in one way or another on a couple dozen books (one I wrote, two I co-authored, several I've edited, and a couple of launch teams). I also have a few minor typos I've found - the usual bits for a new book - will send them to you later so you can clean up whenever you republish next.

OP
B

BryceSPQR

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
Hey guys, I greatly appreciate all the interest in the book, and reviews so far have been very helpful and positive. That being said, I have given out the max number of free books that I planned on giving out!

So if you are still interested in checking it out, Kindle Unlimited lets you rent it for free, you could check out the preview, or you could buy it for 2.99!

here is the link to the amazon spot - Amazon.com: Teaching the Martial Arts: A guide to creating martial arts clubs that make money and change lives. eBook: Bryce Allen: Kindle Store

If the reviewers are ok with it, either I will be posting what others have said, or they will post their reviews! We should be getting some back very soon. Thanks!

Gerry Seymour

MT Moderator
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hey guys, I greatly appreciate all the interest in the book, and reviews so far have been very helpful and positive. That being said, I have given out the max number of free books that I planned on giving out!

So if you are still interested in checking it out, Kindle Unlimited lets you rent it for free, you could check out the preview, or you could buy it for 2.99!

here is the link to the amazon spot - Amazon.com: Teaching the Martial Arts: A guide to creating martial arts clubs that make money and change lives. eBook: Bryce Allen: Kindle Store

If the reviewers are ok with it, either I will be posting what others have said, or they will post their reviews! We should be getting some back very soon. Thanks!
For those considering a purchase, I found enough useful information that I ponied up the nearly $3 price tag to purchase a copy. Will Bryce completely revolutionize your view on a MA business? Probably not, and I don't think he means to. Will he help you get started on the right foot, cover some of the questions you might not have considered, and help you feel like you have a better idea of what all is involved? Definitely!

I coach small business owners and self-employed folks as part of my business. This book covers a lot of the kinds of questions folks come to me with, and a lot of the questions folks fail to think through.

I'll post a complete review when I've finished my second read-through.

OP
B

BryceSPQR

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
For those considering a purchase, I found enough useful information that I ponied up the nearly $3 price tag to purchase a copy. Will Bryce completely revolutionize your view on a MA business? Probably not, and I don't think he means to. Will he help you get started on the right foot, cover some of the questions you might not have considered, and help you feel like you have a better idea of what all is involved? Definitely!

I coach small business owners and self-employed folks as part of my business. This book covers a lot of the kinds of questions folks come to me with, and a lot of the questions folks fail to think through.

I'll post a complete review when I've finished my second read-through.

I greatly appreciate the review and the purchase! Whenever you are finished, and if it is convenient for you, you should post it on amazon!

Latest Discussions