Book Review "Martial Art Spirit"

stone_dragone

Senior Master
MT Mentor
Reaction score
I just finished a book by Keichu Do's Soke, Karl W. Marx, and thought I'd share my review for y'all.

Topic - Kinda hard to tell. The book was purchased with the intent of learning more about either Christian Martial Art curriculums or more details about the "Cajun Karate" system of the man who shares a name with the founder of communism. It contained very little on any of those topics...as far as I could discern.

Structure - It is built from a series of letters that the author supposedly sent to one of the teachers in his organization. While this is the premise, one would have to question "what kind of nutjob writes letters like this." The chapters/letters were mostly vague and incoherant jumbles of thoughts that wouldn't have made it past a first year english student. The majority of the time I read it, I couldn't help but say, aloud, "What the hell is he talking about?"
This indicates one thing...one of us (him or me) is no where near as smart or sane as we believe ourselves to be.

Information presented - So little of the books contents were complete or developed enough to form a sentinent thought that I had to get out me "Brief History if Time" just to feel smarter. It was the like talking to that Bipolar Uncle that keeps forgetting to take his meds, but doesn't forget to stop at the liquor store on the way to pick up his copy of The Dungeon Master's Compedium, 3rd edition.

Overall - Mr. Marx, what you've just written is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever read. At no point in your rambling, incoherent volume were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. I am now dumber for having read it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.

zDom

Senior Master
Reaction score
Yea, I prefer Groucho's work to any of the Karls' :D

CoryKS

Senior Master
Reaction score
Overall - Mr. Marx, what you've just written is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever read. At no point in your rambling, incoherent volume were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. I am now dumber for having read it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.

This whole paragraph works on so many levels.

OP
stone_dragone

stone_dragone

Senior Master
MT Mentor
Reaction score
For most familiar with it, an explaination is not necessary, but I feel compelled to point out for the few who haven't...last qhote was addapted from a movie...I just couldn't have put it better myself.