take the money and run it up for even more...

jazkiljok

Brown Belt
Reaction score
this is why we'll ultimately be in trouble with paying our national debt.. the pentagon's who give's a crap, zero accountability, job waiting with the company you just greenlighted a mulitbillion dollar contract to, biz as usual b.s.

just stopping to review the mess is going to cost $14 million-- and lockheed thinks the us gov't should pay for it.

when's the last time you read about a defense project coming in under budget, ahead of schedule and actually serve some needed purpose?

why has delores etter not been dragged before a senate committee and blasted for her lies? why hasn't she been fired?

Navy shipbuilding has been plagued by billions of dollars in cost overruns and lengthy schedule delays. The Government Accountability Office has estimated cost growth of 27 percent for first-in-class ships.

In September, however, the Navy's acquisition chief, Delores Etter, praised Lockheed's and General Dynamics' work on the littoral combat ships and said that program would become an example of a new way of building ships affordably and quickly.
http://money.cnn.com/2007/01/15/news/companies/lockheed.reut/index.htm?cnn=yes

terryl965

<center><font size="2"><B>Martial Talk Ultimate<BR
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Well you know this is the same government with the 10,000 dollar hammers and screwdrivers, so what did you exoect.

Iron Leopard

Green Belt
Reaction score
That and the 1000 dollar toilet seat if I recall correctly.. although it was probably much higher!

Rich Parsons

A Student of Martial Arts
Founding Member
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
when's the last time you read about a defense project coming in under budget, ahead of schedule and actually serve some needed purpose?

I was on a team in 91 to 93 that did this. But the Army thought it best to try to give the our Requirment Doumentation to other companies to see if they could do it cheaper than what the company I worked for at that time had quoted.

Granted it was a small program with a small budget and we we had lots of regular reviews on the subject.

The Vehicle update was to remove a person from a four person vehicle that had special duties/assigments.

OP
J

jazkiljok

Brown Belt
Reaction score
I was on a team in 91 to 93 that did this. But the Army thought it best to try to give the our Requirment Doumentation to other companies to see if they could do it cheaper than what the company I worked for at that time had quoted.

Granted it was a small program with a small budget and we we had lots of regular reviews on the subject.

The Vehicle update was to remove a person from a four person vehicle that had special duties/assigments.

so. the answer is 16 years ago....

Latest Discussions