Takamatsu DVD Review

A

AaronLucia

Last nite my instructor showed me the new Takamatsu DVD..so i figure i can do a little review from it.

The movie starts off with video of the scrolls/papers etc. that Takamatsu gave to Hatsumi. Hatsumi then goes into considerable detail about what the papers are, how he got them, and what the main gist of them is.

At first i thought this to be very boring because it was just papers being shown on the screen. Every now and then they'd show a picture of Takamatsu, but that was it.

Thankfully, about 30 minutes into it, they showed Hatsumi (i think in his home) with a picture album. He then goes through his pictures, documenting his training and experience with Takamatsu. About 5 minutes after that it begins to show old video of him and Takamatsu training together.

While i didn't like the first 30 minutes of the video, i think the Takamatsu video portion was well worth getting it. There was alot of video of him, so it was nice.

As for the price, iv'e only seen them for about 50 bucks. I can't honestly say i would get it unless i was just crazy about having every one.

The production was very good and appealing, and the music was nice too. :)

Hope this helps!

Latest Discussions