Swedish Jews facing anti-Semitism

Grenadier

Sr. Grandmaster
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I'm actually somewhat surprised to see this happening in Sweden:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/wor...r-sharp-rise-in-anti-Semitic-hate-crimes.html

When she first arrived in Sweden after her rescue from a Nazi concentration camp, Judith Popinski was treated with great kindness.

She raised a family in the city of Malmo, and for the next six decades lived happily in her adopted homeland - until last year.

In 2009, a chapel serving the city's 700-strong Jewish community was set ablaze. Jewish cemeteries were repeatedly desecrated, worshippers were abused on their way home from prayer, and "Hitler" was mockingly chanted in the streets by masked men.

"This new hatred comes from Muslim immigrants. The Jewish people are afraid now."

So... Why isn't the government doing anything?

Touch Of Death

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Scandinavian countries are seeing Churches burned down all the time by motorcycle gangs. All they can do is investigate. What would you have Sweden do?
Sean

CanuckMA

Master of Arts
Reaction score
Sadly, Anti-Semitism is on the rise in Europe in general. Partly due to the economy and partly due to the rise of Muslim immigration.

blindsage

Master of Arts
Reaction score
The few people I know that have spent time in Sweden have told me that outside of Stockholm the country is a wee bit less open to 'diversity'.

xJOHNx

Purple Belt
Reaction score
Sad to see Muslimbrothers fall for the idiocies of some.

Anti-semitism never really left Europe. It just hibernated after it's height for a while.. As everywhere in the world..

girlbug2

Master of Arts
Reaction score
I can't say I'm surprised, except that I was expecting something like this to surface earlier. What a shame, is there nowhere left in the world free of antisemitism?

yorkshirelad

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
I can't say I'm surprised, except that I was expecting something like this to surface earlier. What a shame, is there nowhere left in the world free of antisemitism?
The real shame is that the islamic community are not called on their ********, because it seems the whole world fear offending them.

Latest Discussions