Sub-level 4 and northern Europe

Simon Curran

2nd Black Belt
Reaction score
A question specifically for DOC,

Dr. Chapel, are there any teachers you know of in northern Europe?
After reading some of your posts here, and having read an article in Black Belt magazine some time ago, I would have to say that I am intrigued.
Also, I have heard that you may be giving a seminar in London UK sometime this spring, is this correct?
Thank you for taking the time to reply.

Simon

Doc

Senior Master
Reaction score
SIMONCURRAN said:
A question specifically for DOC,

Dr. Chapel, are there any teachers you know of in northern Europe?
What teachers are you speaking of?
After reading some of your posts here, and having read an article in Black Belt magazine some time ago, I would have to say that I am intrigued.
Me too. :)
Also, I have heard that you may be giving a seminar in London UK sometime this spring, is this correct?
Yes it is. Contact Kevin Mills of the BKU to stay up on dates, times, and locations. [email protected] My last trip was a success and was well received and students requested my return. Good people and lots of fun. :)

OP
Simon Curran

Simon Curran

2nd Black Belt
Reaction score
Thank you very much sir, for your speedy reply,

Please excuse my lack of clarity in my first question, I actually meant do you know of any teachers of sub-level 4 concepts here, more specifically anyone with whom you have spent some time, training either alongside or instructing.
Thanks for the details regarding London, I will do my utmost to be there.
Again many thanks for your response
Simon

Doc

Senior Master
Reaction score
SIMONCURRAN said:
Thank you very much sir, for your speedy reply,

Please excuse my lack of clarity in my first question, I actually meant do you know of any teachers of sub-level 4 concepts here, more specifically anyone with whom you have spent some time, training either alongside or instructing.
Thanks for the details regarding London, I will do my utmost to be there.
Again many thanks for your response
Simon

Kevin Mills of the BKU is my only representative in Europe. Be aware there is no one learning or teaching SubLevel Four Kenpo who is not in my lineage despite what some may tell you.

OP
Simon Curran

Simon Curran

2nd Black Belt
Reaction score
OK,

once again thanks for the information and the advice, I should be moving to England some time in the near future (having applied to both the police force and the fire service) and I will be certain to look Mr Mills up.
It is because of the afore mentioned pending applications that my interest was peeked in your methodology, since the brute force and ignorance method isn't necessarily appropriate in either line of work.
Again many thanks sir.
Simon

Doc

Senior Master
Reaction score
SIMONCURRAN said:
OK,

once again thanks for the information and the advice, I should be moving to England some time in the near future (having applied to both the police force and the fire service) and I will be certain to look Mr Mills up.
It is because of the afore mentioned pending applications that my interest was peeked in your methodology, since the brute force and ignorance method isn't necessarily appropriate in either line of work.
Again many thanks sir.
Simon
My pleasure.

OP
Simon Curran

Simon Curran

2nd Black Belt
Reaction score
Just an update, sir, I am hoping to attend the seminar you are giving hosted by Mr Mills on May 1st (work allowing) and looking forward to it.:asian:

Doc

Senior Master
Reaction score
SIMONCURRAN said:
Just an update, sir, I am hoping to attend the seminar you are giving hosted by Mr Mills on May 1st (work allowing) and looking forward to it.:asian:
Hopefully we will meet. I look forward to the opportunity.

SION

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
Hi Doc, Simon,

Looking forward to seeing you both this weekend.

Yes I have finaly registered, at last.

C

OP
Simon Curran

Simon Curran

2nd Black Belt
Reaction score
Thanks guys, I am really looking forward to it (so is my brother)

Simon:asian:

Kembudo-Kai Kempoka

Senior Master
Reaction score
SIMONCURRAN said:
Thanks guys, I am really looking forward to it (so is my brother)

Simon:asian:
Doc's on the plane in a couple hours to join all y'all. Seems in a ramped-up mood to boot, so get your heads on straight and get ready for some of the most enjoyable beatings of your life. He was in excellent form tonight; dropped a buddy of mine with a tap (by request..."show me")...more on that later. But you're in for a treat.

Regards,

Dave

OP
Simon Curran

Simon Curran

2nd Black Belt
Reaction score
Kembudo-Kai Kempoka said:
Doc's on the plane in a couple hours to join all y'all. Seems in a ramped-up mood to boot, so get your heads on straight and get ready for some of the most enjoyable beatings of your life. He was in excellent form tonight; dropped a buddy of mine with a tap (by request..."show me")...more on that later. But you're in for a treat.

Regards,

Dave
Good thing I booked a couple of extra days off from work to get over the weekend then...

kenposikh

Blue Belt
Reaction score
Hi Simon,

it will be a pleasure to meet you and your brother.

I am a student of Mr Mills and believe you me he's beginning to sound just like his instructor in SL4 Doc. It is always a pleasure to meet Doc and I always remember the old addage, to hear is to doubt to see is to be deceived to feel is to believe. That's why I stand at the back and let everyone else volunteer :rolleyes:

OP
Simon Curran

Simon Curran

2nd Black Belt
Reaction score
Hi yourself Kenposikh, and thanks.

I'm not too sure whether I will get away with hiding at the back though, it seems people like to pick on me at seminars because I am quite big...
All good fun though.

kenposikh

Blue Belt
Reaction score
SIMONCURRAN said:
people like to pick on me at seminars because I am quite big...
All good fun though.

That makes two of us then :) the names Amrik btw

See you then

SION

Yellow Belt
Reaction score

Regards,

DaveThanks for that Dave, just what I needed to know. Ramped up for another 6 hour session AHHHHHHH. My head will be striaght hopefully along with my feet!

Looking forward to seeing them both, I have a request for him as well, this time I am going to insure I get it on tape. Leaving in an hour to go pick them up, take care Dave see you soon.

Kevin

SION

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
SIMONCURRAN said:
Hi yourself Kenposikh, and thanks.

I'm not too sure whether I will get away with hiding at the back though, it seems people like to pick on me at seminars because I am quite big...
All good fun though.
Believe me Simon you will be putting yourself forward.

Doc Teaches in a simaler fasion to that of his late friend SGM Parker, when he turns on that serious side you sure pay attention and work to get it right. It can be a little intimidating at times, but so worth the effort.

Afew days off will do you good.

As for Amrik he is never at the back!

KJM

Latest Discussions