Style check - Manabi Masho

mrhnau

Senior Master
Reaction score
Manabi Masho - Anyone ever heard of it? I did a little bit of looking online, but the results were fairly limited. How does it compare to BJJ?

thanks!

searcher

Senior Master
Reaction score
I did a search and found manabi-masho.com. As for how it compares to BJJ, I suggest that you drop them a line.

OP
mrhnau

mrhnau

Senior Master
Reaction score
I found that web page too, and a few others. I've contacted one of the guys, who as a teacher is singing its praises. Just seeking some outside verification thats its a valid art and not something two guys conceived in their garage a few years ago. I've only found two schools, which may not be an indicator of if it is a "valid" art, but does have me a bit worried. I'm not finding alot of descriptive information about it.

thanks for looking it up :) I'll keep you posted if I can find anything else about it.

saru1968

Green Belt
Reaction score
If you pop over to Martial arts planet you find loads and none good.

Treat it like the black death- avoid.

see for yourself.

:)

OP
mrhnau

mrhnau

Senior Master
Reaction score
Thanks Saru. I checked it out, as well as the grandmasters own web page. Think I'll be taking your advice.

Aegis

Purple Belt
Reaction score
Yeah, we just had a little visit from one of their assistant instructors on MAP... Wasn't exactly the best ambassador for a system you could have hoped for, and it seems that many of the claims that he made (including by association the WHFSC) were somewhat lacking in truth! ;)