Store owner (MA'is) nabs would-be robber

Bill Mattocks

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
http://telegraphjournal.canadaeast.com/city/article/736303
As the robber approached Queen Square with Melvin close on his heels, the robber began to slow down. Melvin then threw the exhausted man to the ground and disarmed him. But he then realized the police might not see them in the square.
"I picked him up off the ground, walked him over to the curb and sat him back down until the police arrived," Melvin said in a matter-of-fact tone.
"There's no way he was getting away."

arnisador

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Good for him! I do wonder if he couldn't have grabbed a makeshift weapon in that time, though.

ATC

Senior Master
Reaction score
I use to work at Dominos Pizza back in the late 80's to early 90's and have been robbed over 11 times at gun and knife point. Most times I just handed over the money but there were a two times I disarmed the criminal, both of either a gun or a knife. Well 3 attempt altogether. The two times I disarmed them and held them for the police I got suspended from my job and demoted once.

The one time I chased a guy with a knife around the corner was a bad situation as he had a car load of buddies around the corner that all jumped out of the car and confronted me. I was able to back away apologizing but was scared ..itless if you know what I mean.

Yes we all hear of the good endings but more times then not there are some bad ones too. I have learned just call the police and let it go no matter what. All these stores are insured and you really never know what the situation will escalate to.

Latest Discussions