Starting Kenpo this week - pretty excited!

ewhip

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
Starting lessons with Pat Munk here in Atlanta this week and I'm pretty excited about it. He seems like a great guy and very knowledgeable. I've been stressing about what style and school to go with for months, and I'm glad to be starting something new! I may also dabble in some things like Aikido because the Kenpo class is only once or twice a week, but I'm looking forward to it.

Just wanted to share!

Blindside

Grandmaster
Founding Member
Reaction score
As a beginner, once or twice a week will give you plenty to work on, and I'd expect that you would find aikido a bit problematic to meld with your kenpo.

Lamont

Drac

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Congrats..The best of luck with your training..

OP
ewhip

ewhip

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
As a beginner, once or twice a week will give you plenty to work on, and I'd expect that you would find aikido a bit problematic to meld with your kenpo.

Lamont

Very true - after I read that back to myself it did sound a bit... ahem... ambitious... lol. I've been known to over do things in the past!

MJS

Administrator
Staff member
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
Starting lessons with Pat Munk here in Atlanta this week and I'm pretty excited about it. He seems like a great guy and very knowledgeable. I've been stressing about what style and school to go with for months, and I'm glad to be starting something new! I may also dabble in some things like Aikido because the Kenpo class is only once or twice a week, but I'm looking forward to it.

Just wanted to share!

Congrats on beginning the lessons! Mr. Munk is also a member here on the forum.

Please let us know how your training goes!!:ultracool

Mike

OP
ewhip

ewhip

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
Thanks all - many years ago I took a little Kenpo in Philly but had to cut it short because I transferred to a college in Indiana. I've been really interested in it since then and have finally come to a place in my life where I can dedicate some time to it. Can't wait. Will report back!

KenpoDave

2nd Black Belt
Reaction score
Thanks all - many years ago I took a little Kenpo in Philly but had to cut it short because I transferred to a college in Indiana. I've been really interested in it since then and have finally come to a place in my life where I can dedicate some time to it. Can't wait. Will report back!

Mr. Munk is a quality teacher, and has some quality instructors with him.

Latest Discussions