Started muay thai last night. =)

newmartialartist

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
After wanting to start muay thai for quite some I finally supressed my nerves and went! I was quite nervous at the start and when I first walked in; after training for about half an hour I felt welcome and my nervousness had left me. It was quite a workout indeed.

There was approximately 30 people in the class. We all got into a circle and the instructor told us to hold our hands together and bow. After that we started with a warm-up which included: jogging/running on the spot, sit-ups, push-ups and some other exercises. After that I was shown the stance and some basic punches, kicks and the straight knee. Then I went onto using those punches on the thai pads. After that we did kicking. The kicks practiced were the round kick and pushkick/foot jab. We used the bigger rectangle pads for that, I am not sure what they are called. After the kicks we did some other random exercises to cool down. Finally to conclude we formed a circle again and bowed.

Overall a good lesson; I was sweating after 2 minutes! I started last night and I am sore today. I can't wait for the next lesson!

terryl965

<center><font size="2"><B>Martial Talk Ultimate<BR
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Sounds like you had a great time and really enjoyed it. Keep up the great work.

Latest Discussions