Splash And Grab

MJS

Administrator
Staff member
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
What some people come up with. This can certainly cause some serious injuries.

PHILADELPHIA - Police in the Philadelphia area are on the lookout for two men who’ve come up with a different method for robbing convenience stores: They call it the “splash and grab.”
Police say one of the robbers buys a coffee or hot chocolate and then throws the drink in the cashier’s face while his accomplice scoops the money from the cash register.

More.

OP
M

MJS

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Its going to end up where these stores totally encase the clerk behind bullet proof glass, with just enough of an opening, where the money can be slide underneath.

Ceicei

Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Its going to end up where these stores totally encase the clerk behind bullet proof glass, with just enough of an opening, where the money can be slide underneath.

In some places (Texas), I recall there were gas stations that had these.... Seeing the glass barricades took me by surprise when I moved to live in Texas during the late '80s. I don't know if these places still do now since that was before the time gas pumps accepted cards.

- Ceicei

OP
M

MJS

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
If it means the clerk is going to be safer, Im all for it. I'd rather be behind the safety of the glass, than risk getting a hot drink thrown at me.

grydth

Senior Master
Reaction score
I had an irreverant thought of these two criminals being apprehended by cops armed with Super Soakers...:shooter:

OP
M

MJS

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I had an irreverant thought of these two criminals being apprehended by cops armed with Super Soakers...:shooter:

Filled with a hot beverage of course.;)

Cryozombie

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I saw this MO on a cop show once... maybe Law and Order...

Latest Discussions