Sparring tournament

O

OrangeLeopard

This is a follow up of my sparring tips thread. I ended up taking fourth place in the sparring competition and 3rd place in manuevers division. even though its fourth place ts not that bad considering the first place winner was a brown belt with a stripe, the second place winner an assistant instructor, third place winner a brown belt, and than me, the lowest rank in the division. I would have to say the most helpful tip was leading front kicks under the elbows, i scored the most with the technique because if they didnt drop their hands to blovk it i would score a point, and if they did i would back hand them to the face as i moved forward so i would score either way. Thanks for all the help and tips with my sparring especially two days before the tournament.

-Chris

mj_lover

Blue Belt
Reaction score
congrats! so, when is your next tournament? there so darn addicting! (only next time, gofor 3rd, at least %-} )

Bob White

Green Belt
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
Good job Chris. It sounds as if your tournament was a success. I would like to share with you two quotes.

"Success is peace of mind, that is a direct result that comes from knowing you did your best, to become the best, you were capable of becoming."
John Wooden

"The only time I lost is when I did not learn something."
Chuck Norris

I would suggest you keep asking questions and have a listening for the answers.
Respectfully,
Bob White

The Kai

Master of Arts
Reaction score
Glad you had a positive experience!!

Blindside

Grandmaster
Founding Member
Reaction score
OrangeLeopard said:
This is a follow up of my sparring tips thread. I ended up taking fourth place in the sparring competition and 3rd place in manuevers division.

Congrats! It sounds like you had a tough division.

I am curious, what is the "manuevers" division?

Lamont

OP
L

Lotus Flower

Hi Chris, glad to hear that you did well this weekend. So you like the technique I suggested? It's very hard to block only because you're using everyone'd blindspot that they create with their elbows. Let me know when the next tournament is and we'll go watch you.

Your brother in Kempo~

Mike

MJS

Administrator
Staff member
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
Congrats!!! It sounds like you had a good time and that is the main thing that counts!!! Use this and future ones as a learning experience. Keep training hard and get ready for the next one!!!

Mike

Latest Discussions